- BC Games
Lunch, brunch and more on tap at activity centre
A fall favourite – the annual Bridge Luncheon is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 31, from 12:30-4 p.m.
Enjoy a delicious lunch followed by a friendly afternoon of contract bridge.
Please register with a partner (advance tickets only). Win big with draws and door prizes.
Tickets are only $15 and are available at the Kent Street office.
• Tea with the Stars is playing Walk the Line tomorrow, Oct. 5.
Come for a cuppa and a biscuit and watch the story of Johnny Cash at the White Rock Community Centre.
Call ahead to reserve a comfy chair, 604-541-2199.
Driving Miss Daisy will be on the big screen on Nov. 2.
• Are you looking for independence and quality of life?
Get Up & Go 65+ is an appropriate entry-level exercise program for seniors with balance and mobility impairments.
We have a few spaces left in our classes beginning Oct. 12.
For more information on a referral to this program through Fraser Health, call 604-541-2199.
• Try your hand at Mah Jong.
Learn to play the Chinese way; the six-class course, starting Oct 17, is designed to teach you the basics of this Asian tile game.
Once you have the basics, you can check out our friendly Kent Street Mah Jong Club.
Call to register for these lessons 604-541-2199.
• Still a few spots available for the Vancouver Look Out excursion, Wednesday, Nov. 9.
Discover the bustling beauty of Vancouver from the top of Vancouver’s revolving restaurant. A glass elevator will lift you 168 metres high above the city skyline as your tour guide will highlight points of interest below. Relax and enjoy the view and a sumptuous lunch in the Revolving Restaurant.
Call 604-541-2199 to reserve your spot.
• Wednesday-night dancers will be toe-tapping to the live tunes of Johnny Hsu Oct. 5.
Come and check out the fun at the Kent Street Dances – see what you’ve been missing.
Members $4/non-members $5, includes lovely snacks during the break.
Music from 7:30-10:30 p.m, with doors open at 7, at 1475 Kent St.
• Need a little break, some conversation and a warm cup of something?
Pop into the Kent Street Coffee Shop Monday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. for homemade soups, treats and sandwiches.
A lovely way to spend a fall morning.
• Habla español? Then join the Thursday Kent Street Conversational Spanish Group 10-11 a.m.
Membership is required, and is half-price for the rest of 2011! Esperamos contar con tu presencia.
• The Outside the Box an Exploration of Fibre Community Art Exhibit is currently on display at the White Rock Community Centre until Oct. 21.
Stop in and enjoy this work by local artists.
• Can great food be Low Fat and Delicious?
Join Pat Faulkner as she teaches us how.
Three morning sessions in the Kent Street classroom starting Oct. 13 – call 604-541-2199.
• Your October Kent Street Update is available at all White Rock Leisure Centres.
Pick yours up and find out who won this year’s Fall Men’s Snooker Tournament and the Annual Dairy Queen Cribbage Tournament.
• Reminder that Kent Street will be closed for Thanksgiving on Monday, Oct. 10th.
We wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.