- 2015 Federal Election
Be prepared for flu season
Roll up your sleeve, the next Fraser Health drop-in flu shot clinic will be at Centennial Park Leisure Centre on Thursday Nov. 10 from 9 a.m. till noon – free parking in effect.
The nurses will be at First United Church on Monday, Nov. 14, 9 a.m. to noon, and at Kent Street Centre on Monday, Nov. 21 from 9 a.m. till 3 p.m.
This service is available to seniors 65+ and for those with chronic health conditions.
If you prefer a scheduled appointment at Peace Arch Hospital, please call 604-542-4000.
• The Kent Street Choristers are celebrating the season and presenting Come All! Rejoice! on Friday, Dec. 9 at 7:30 p.m. at First United Church in White Rock.
Join conductor Gale Lindenthaler for this festive evening.
Tickets are now available for purchase from the Kent Street Activity Centre or from any choir member.
• Tickets are selling fast for the Kent Street Mistletoe Dinner. Enjoy Christmas dinner with all the fixings followed by seasonal entertainment on Dec. 1. Dinner is served at 4 p.m. Pick up your tickets at the Kent Street front counter.
• The Kent Street Annual General Meeting will be held on Nov. 28 at 2:30 p.m. at the Kent Street auditorium.
Members, this is your chance to meet other members and the Kent Street Executive. Two members at large will be elected. Complimentary refreshments will be served.
For more information, please call the Kent Street Activity Centre at 604-541-2231.
• Come to the Centre for Active Living on Nov. 22 at 10 a.m. and discover four things that everyone should know about their medications.
Learn tips for safe medication use and why seniors are at a higher risk for medication-related problems.
Sign up now for the Safe Medication Use workshop by calling 604-541-2199.
As part of the Healthier You series, a medication review with the pharmacist is available; just bring all your meds including vitamins and supplements.
• Feeling the urge to kick up your heels?
The Kent Street Dance is welcoming Good Vibrations tomorrow night, Nov. 9.
Dancing is from 7:30-10:30 p.m., with doors open at 7 – a lovely way to spend a Wednesday evening.
• Lest we forget. The Kent Street Activity Centre will be closed on Nov.11 in observance of Remembrance Day.
A wreath will be laid at the White Rock Cenotaph on behalf of all Kent Street members.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.