- BC Games
Workshop offers tips to live healthier lifestyle
Watch for it! The Winter 2012 White Rock Leisure Guide will be available to view online starting Nov. 23 at www.webreg.whiterockcity.ca.
White Rock Leisure Services memberships for 2012 can be renewed online, in person or over the phone.
Registration is open to members only starting Nov. 28 with registration for non-members opening on Nov. 30. If you prefer to see a printed copy of the guide, keep your eyes open for the insert in the Nov. 29 issue of Peace Arch News. You won’t believe all the things you can do!
• Ever wonder how to lower your cholesterol? Here is your chance to find out.
The Dec. 6 Healthier You talk is cholesterol management – learn about your body’s good and bad cholesterol plus learn about healthy lifestyle and eating choices.
The workshop starts at 10 a.m. at the Centre for Active Living, and is free to members ($5 for non-members).
Please call 604-541-2199 to reserve your spot.
• There are still spots available in the Dec. 9 Mature Driving Workshop at the White Rock Community Centre.
This free two-hour session is presented by White Rock Community Policing and BCAA and will help you assess your driving skills and habits.
Register now and update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations. For more, call 604-541-2199.
• On the last Tuesday of each month, the Kent Street Activity Centre Dining Club meets for lunch at a local restaurant.
Tired of dining alone? Join the gang for lunch on Tuesday, Nov. 29 at the Roadhouse Restaurant on King George Boulevard.
To contact this month’s lunch host, please call 604-541-2231.
• Quartette is live on stage at this week’s Kent Street Wednesday night dance.
Doors open at 7 p.m., with social dancing 7:30-10:30. Refreshments served midway.
Tickets purchased at the door. Open to all 50+, both couples and singles are welcome.
• Come join us for some fun this Saturday, Nov. 26 at 2:30 p.m. for a Theatre Variety Show put on by the Kent Street Dramatics Program – aka Pacific Players.
Admission is by donation at the door.
• The Kent Street Executive annual general meeting is scheduled for this Monday, Nov. 28 at 2:30 p.m. in the Kent Street auditorium.
This is a great opportunity for all members of Kent Street Activity Centre to find out what is happening at the centre and show your support.
Activity reports will be presented and two members-at-large will be elected.
• There are still a few tickets left for the Dec. 1 Mistletoe Dinner at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
We will be closing ticket sales on Thursday, Nov. 23, so hurry in to Kent Street Activity Centre to purchase your tickets.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.