Kent Street Choristers ring in Christmas season
Kent Street Activity Centre memberships for 2012 are now on sale.
A valid membership is required to participate in any of the centre’s activity groups or special interest clubs. Drop by Kent Street, Centennial Park Leisure Centre or the White Rock Community Centre and renew yours today.
You can also renew online by visiting www.webreg.whiterockcity.ca
Did you know that members also receive reduced pricing on day trips and most programs and are also eligible for early program registration?
In order to receive the member pricing, membership must be purchased before registration.
• The Kent Street Choristers are celebrating the season and will present Come All! Rejoice! on Friday, Dec. 9 at 7:30 p.m. at First United Church in White Rock.
Join the choir and conductor Gale Lindenthaler for this festive evening. For more information and tickets, call Kent Street at 604-541-2231.
• With the onset of colder weather, many of us are no longer exercising outdoors, so it is more important than ever to keep active.
Research shows that regular exercise keeps us healthier and happier. Register now for fitness classes starting in January. Get Up and Go 65-plus, Cardio Workout & Stretch, Stretch and Strength, Keep Fit 55-plus and Cardio Circuit are just some of the classes that can help reach your fitness goals.
Check out the Winter Leisure Guide health and wellness section for all the wonderful programs that will be starting this January.
The guide is available at the Kent Street Centre and online at www.whiterockcity.ca
• There are lots of computer lessons beginning in January.
Start with an introductory course and then move on to Internet browser, understanding e-mail and editing photos.
The more knowledge you collect, the more enjoyment you will get out of your computer.
• If you have grandchildren visiting over Christmas, consider taking them to a Holiday Break Skate at Centennial Park Arena. Admission is only $2.75 and each session has a different holiday theme.
Call the arena info line, 604-541-2171, for skate days and times.
• The last Fresh and Lively Luncheon of the year will be held this Friday, December 9.
Call Senior Support Services at 604-531-9400 to get your name on the attendance list for this popular outing, which is held in the Kent Street auditorium on the first three Fridays of each month.
The first Fresh and Lively Luncheon in the new year will be Jan. 13.
• Many, but not all, activity groups take a break over Christmas so please check with your chairperson to find out the last day for activities in December and the start-up day in January.
• Come dancing with Johnny Hsu, live on stage this Wednesday night at Kent Street’s dance. Doors open at 7 p.m. with dancing from 7:30-10:30 p.m.
Refreshments are served midway.
Tickets can be purchased at the door. Open to all 50-plus, both couples and singles are welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.