A busy month at Kent Street Activity Centre
it’s another busy month at the Kent Street Activity Centre, with educational workshops, a trip to Seattle, engaging speakers invited to talk at the computer club and even a night full of dancing.
There are also cooking classes and even a trip to Europe without having to leave your chair.
• Sign up now for the Feb. 21 Mature Driving Workshop at the White Rock Community Centre.
What are you doing to reduce your risk and improve your driving? This free two-hour classroom presentation will help you assess your driving skills and habits and update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations.
Co-sponsored with White Rock Community Policing and BCAA.
Call 604-541-2199 to register at no charge.
• More than 60 pieces of work by Paul Gauguin, one of the true larger-than-life figures in art history, are on display at the Seattle Art Museum, and on Thursday, Feb. 23, we have an excursion to view this display.
The price of this excursion includes a round trip minibus ride to Seattle, museum admission and dinner.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information or to register.
• White Rock Leisure Services is pleased to present a series of health talks during the month of February.
Beginning Tuesday Feb. 21, please join us at the new Centre for Active Living (located beside Centennial Arena) for Diabetes Management.
This engaging workshop focuses on how to live with diabetes. While you register for this workshop, you may also be interested in the Understanding Osteoarthritis workshop to discover adaptive exercises and activities that protect your joints, held on Tuesday, Feb. 28.
These workshops are free for White Rock Leisure Service members and $5 for non-members. Register for both of these workshops by calling 604-541-2199
• The Kent Street Computer Club has some exciting guest speakers scheduled this month.
Join the group at the Kent Street Activity Centre on Wednesdays at 12:30 p.m. for these informative meetings.
General discussion at all levels. A current WRLS membership is required to participate.
For more details check out the club’s website at www.whiterockseniorscomputerclub.com
• Join us on Wednesday, Feb. 15, for our Travel Talk – Boating on the Waterways of Europe. Discover this very popular vacation experience along the canals and rivers of the United Kingdom and Europe.
Learn about this boating holiday from self-drive boats to luxurious barges and hotel narrowboats. Member’s rate is $10 and non-members rate is $12.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for this seminar.
• Pat Faulkner returns this season with her excellent series of cooking workshops.
On Feb. 21, join Pat at the White Rock Community Centre for Easy Winter Suppers.
Imagine arriving home to your house filled with the delightful aroma of a delicious cooked meal. Learn wonderful recipes for pot roast, pulled pork and macaroni casseroles using your oven or slow cooker.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Wednesday night is for dancing at the Kent Street Activity Centre! Doors open at 7 p.m. with dancing from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. for all those 50+ who enjoy live music and friendly people. Tickets purchased at the door. Tomorrow’s (Feb. 8) live band is the popular Good Vibrations.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231