- 2015 Federal Election
SENIORS SCENE: Sign up soon for spring programs
The White Rock Leisure Services Spring Guide is available to view online Feb. 23 at www.whiterockcity.ca
Keep an eye out for your print copy in the Feb. 28 edition of the Peace Arch News.
Registration begins Feb. 27 for Leisure Services members and on Feb. 29 for non-members.
Interested in becoming a member? Call 604-541-2199 for more info.
• Beginning March 1, volunteers will be available through Kent Street for income-tax assistance.
This service is provided to those aged 65+ on low income. There are a limited number of one-on-one appointments available on Thursdays, or drop off your papers and volunteers will file your tax returns electronically.
Please call the office at 604-541-2231 for details.
• Starting Saturday, March 3, we are offering an educational series on Stress Reduction with Mindfulness at the White Rock Community Centre.
In this program, you will learn mindfulness techniques that are scientifically and clinically shown effective in reducing stress.
Pre-registration required. Call 604-541-2199 to reserve your spot today.
• Feeling lucky? How about a game of Bingo.
Join us for an afternoon of fun, small cash prizes and jackpot games.
There is a game at the Kent Street Activity Centre every Tuesday from 1-3 p.m. Come early to pick your lucky cards.
• A Healthier You series continues on Thursday, March 8 with a workshop on how to Find Your Healthy Weight.
Learn how to eat well and reach your healthy weight without pills, powers or potions.
This free for members workshop (non-members $5) is offered at the new Centre for Active Living. Call 604-541-2199 to register today.
• Wednesday night is for dancing at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Doors open at 7 p.m., with dancing from 7:30-10:30 for all those 50+ who enjoy live music and friendly people.
Tickets purchased at the door. Tomorrow’s live band is the popular Quartette.
• Pull up a chair and join Maggie Rodgers for a colorful presentation on Scotland on Thursday, March 1 at 1:30 p.m.
Cost for this two-session Travel Talk on Scotland is only $10. Call the White Rock Community Centre now to register 604-541-2199.
• Learn to make a trendy, upscale table-center arrangement just like on the coffee table of the “Ellen Show.”
Discover the basics of fresh flower care and variations for your future design with Ultra Modern Cube Arrangement, at the White Rock Community Centre on Wednesday, March 7 at 7 p.m.
Call for more information or to register 604-541-2199.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.