- 2015 Federal Election
SENIORS SCENE: Improve your writing skills
Wanting to develop your writing skills?
Register today for our Write On – Level 1 class where you will be guided through the writing process.
Beginners welcome.Progran starts April 10 at White Rock Community Centre (WRCC).
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Guitar lessons are another great way to inspire you creatively.
The classes will help you focus on building skills and, with regular practice, enjoy playing for yourself and others. Please bring your own guitar.
Choose from three levels at the WRCC, April 12. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Social-media workshops are a great way for people to learn more about computers and find out how to connect with people.
Twitter Basics is a class that will familiarize you with the world of tweeting. Tweeting is a popular method of communication that people use to tell others what is happening day to day, post pictures or advertise their business.
Grow your number of followers and stay tuned into what others are talking about.
Join us April 14 at the WRCC for this workshop. Call 604-541-2199.
• Feeling cooped up in your home, waiting out the end of winter?
Don’t wait until spring has sprung; venture out now and get inspired on our Culinary Adventure to Choices and Whole Foods day trip on April 16.
Join Kent Street Centre cook Pat Faulkner for a tour of these two markets and learn about the variety of fresh, organic and specialty foods available to you.
Trip includes tours and lunch.
Call 604-541-2231 to register.
• Enjoy time spent with friends in the snooker room at Kent.
Join the gang and take part in a game or two, Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., plus Wednesdays 6-10:30 p.m. and Saturdays 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
We offer a ladies-only time Tuesdays, from 9 a.m. till noon.
• Keep your blood flowing by attending Cardio Circuit for 55+ classes. Morning and afternoon sessions are at the Centre for Active Living. Call 604-541-2199.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.