- BC Games
SENIORS SCENE: Learn about your mind and body at Kent Street
Kent Street’s Plant and Bake Sale is just around the corner on Saturday, April 28 from 9 a.m. to noon.
If you would like to help fundraise for this great xentre, feel free to bring home baking, outdoor plants, seedlings, herbs or bulbs to Kent on Friday, April 27 between 4 and 6:00 p.m.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Enjoy a day trip to see HMS Pinafore at the Abbey Arts Centre on Saturday, April 21.
Call 604-541-2199 today to register for this culturally rich trip to see Gilbert and Sullivan’s first blockbuster, revered for its dynamic songs, gleefully entertaining story and saucy satire.
Excursion includes admission, but does not include dinner.
• If your mind is unhealthy, your body may suffer as well.
Balance the two by learning the Alexander Technique, a method for learning how your mind and body interact, allowing you to better co-ordinate your movements.
Change postural habits, alleviate back and shoulder pain, prevent repetitive strain injuries and reduce stress.
A one-day introductory workshop is offered at the White Rock Community Centre, April 21, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The four-session course will start on May 7 at Centre for Active Living from 6:30-8 p.m.
Call to register, 604-541-2199.
• Meet new people with our carpet bowling activity group at Kent Street Auditorium Wednesdays and Fridays, 10 a.m. to noon.
Enjoy this game of skill and strategy.
Call 604-541-2231 today for more information or to register.
• Some people suffer when standing too long, their legs may feel heavy or start to swell.
Learn what triggers leg pain, swelling, varicose veins and deep thrombosis in our Compression Stockings health talk on April 26 at the Centre for Active Living.
Call 604-541-2199 to learn how to get some relief from these common problems.
• Come dance to the grooving sounds of The Creole Band on Wednesday, April 18 at Kent Street Activity Centre.
Tickets go on sale at the door at 7 p.m., with dancing from 7:30-10:30 and refreshments served midway.
Couples and singles 50+ welcome.
• April 30 will be the last day for you to bring your tax paperwork to KSAC for processing through our Community Volunteer Income Tax Program.
If you are 65+ and are considered low income, bring your paperwork to the Kent Street office and our volunteers will gladly file your return electronically, or by appointment.
Please call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• There’s a few seats left in the computer classes starting next week.
Understanding Email starts April 24 at 9:30 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
Learn about different email providers, multiple email accounts, creating and formatting, contacts and adding and saving pictures.
Editing Photos also starts April 24 at 1 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Learn how to correct common problems with photos like red eye, composition, lighting and more. Work from provided photos or bring your own.
The next Intro to Computers course begins April 30 at 9:30 a.m. This entry level course will teach you the fundamentals and get you started.
Please call 604-541-2199 to register or for more details.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.