- BC Games
SENIORS SCENE: Kent Street plant sale set for Saturday
Our plant sale is this Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon.
Perhaps you have outdoor plants, seedlings, herbs or bulbs to donate? If so, please bring them to Kent Street Activity Centre on Friday, April 27 from 4-6 p.m.
The annual fundraising event will be held at the Kent auditorium.
For more information, please call 604-541-2231.
• With the spring weather comes the opportunity to join our diverse selection of day trips.
Enjoy the fresh ocean air on our Sea Lion Tour and view the Stellar and California sea lions not far from Steveston village on Wednesday, May 2.
Or enjoy a day with Bach, Handel and the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra on our Tea and Trumpets Day Trip, May 10.
The Cathedral Grove trip to Vancouver Island on June 20 will be something surely not to miss. View the majestic 800-year-old trees and dine at an elegant Mediterranean restaurant in Coombs.
Register today for these fabulous trips at 604-541-2199.
• So many memories, stories and experiences to share in one life.
Sign up for our Writing–Telling Your Stories program and bring your treasure chest of experiences to the page.
This fun and informative workshop starting May 1 will help you recreate your special moments for others to read.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• The next Intro to Computers course begins April 30 at 9:30 a.m.
This entry-level course will teach you the fundamentals and get you started.
Please call 604-541-2199 to register or for more details.
• Do you have Type 2 diabetes? Are you at risk for diabetes?
If so, come to the Centre for Active Living this Friday, April 27, to participate in our interactive class Fit with Diabetes.
This class will help you get active and maintain an active lifestyle.
Please call 604-541-2199 for more information or to register.
• The Weight to Go workshop is also a great way to learn how to reduce your risk of complications from diabetes as well as cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and obesity.
This class – held at the Centre for Active Living, May 2 – combines the expertise from a registered dietitian and exercise specialist.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• For all you photography enthusiasts, A Day of Photography in White Rock, starting May 5 is a course offered through White Rock Community Centre in which participants enjoy taking photographs throughout the community.
It’s a perfect time of year to be taking in the beautiful spring weather and blossoms.
Your chosen top-10 photos will be put into a slideshow and receive feedback from our experienced instructor, Geoff Milne. Call 604-541-2199 for information and to register.
• Don’t forget to purchase your tickets – available at the front desk – for this year’s Kent Street Showcase May 27.
If you like to sing, dance, play an instrument or perform skits and would like to audition for this year’s showcase, please call 604-541-2231.
• Tomorrow night we have Quartette playing at our Wednesday night dance.
Feel free to come down and cut a rug 7:30-10:30 p.m. Tickets go on sale at the door at 7 p.m.
Refreshments served midway, singles and couples 55+ welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.