- BC Games
SENIORS SCENE: Stay on top of your fitness goals
Looking to enhance your cardiovascular stamina?
Join us in our state-of-the-art gym at the Centre for Active Living for our Cardio Circuit for 55+ Multi-Level class, starting June 26. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• If you have attended our Stretch and Strength 55+ Level 1 class, sign up today for our Level 2 session, which uses light weights and resistance bands to build up your flexibility and strength. Various times offered at the end of June to keep your body healthy and happy. Register at 604-541-2199.
• Have you heard about our Strawberry Tea yet?
This afternoon tea is sure to be delectable with its delicious baked goods and wonderful company. Join us Saturday, June 23, at 2 p.m. in the auditorium. Advance ticket sales only, so come down to Kent Street, Centennial Arena or the White Rock Community Centre to pick up your tickets.
• Learn how character has been captured over the decades with our Evolution of the Portrait photography class, taught by Geoff Milne.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn how technology and various stylistic approaches have changed the art of portraiture. Class held at the White Rock Community Centre on June 28. Call 604-541-2199 for info.
• Learn the magic of dance and movement in our Latin Moves Dance Class. This class for women only will show you the basics of Latin dance in a relaxed atmosphere. Classes start June 27. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• What better things to enjoy than fine wine, delicious food and the arts?
Sign up today for a variety of excursions, including Domaine de Chaberton Winery and the Bacchus Bistro June 27, or our Fort and Wine Tour in picturesque Fort Langley July 5.
Then join us for sun and surf at the Harrison Festival of the Arts tour on July 7. Enjoy musical and dance performances while taking in all of arts and vendors' specialty products. Call 604-541-2231 to book your spot.
• Come to the White Rock Community Centre and enjoy the beautiful artwork of Richard Tetrault.
Born in White Rock, this Vancouver-based painter, printmaker and muralist has exhibited extensively worldwide. Exhibition opens June 23 at 2 p.m., and runs until Aug. 24.
• Do you enjoy bridge in the company of friends? If so, join our (unsanctioned) Duplicate Bridge activity group every Wednesday from 1-4pm at Centennial Arena. Become a White Rock Leisure Services annual member and you can play to your heart’s content. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Greg Hampson will be playing at the Kent Street Wednesday night dance tomorrow from 7:30-10:30 p.m., tickets at the door at 7 p.m. Refreshments served midway, singles and couples 50+ welcome!
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.