- BC Games
SENIORS SCENE: Improve your online skills
Do you feel like the world of technology has left you behind?
Take the first step towards understanding in our Introduction to Computers class on July 10 at White Rock Community Centre. Don’t be shy if you are a beginner, this class was made for you. Laptop required. Call 604-541-2199 for more details.
• If you have basic computer skills & feel like you want to connect with family and friends near and far, register for our Facebook – The Basics course.
Facebook is a great tool many people across the world use to communicate and share information and pictures with one another.
Class begins July 3; call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Be sure not to miss this great excursion: Shawnigan Lake and Saanich with Joy Brown. Head out on July 16 to explore scenic Shawnigan Lake and visit one of the island’s most talented glass blowers.
Then, enjoy the afternoon in Sannich. The $131/$126 (members) price includes tours, lunch and afternoon tea; call 604-541-2231 today to reserve your spot.
• Celebrate our fine country’s birthday at the Canada Day by the Bay event scheduled for Sunday, July 1, at White Rock Beach.
Enjoy free activities and events including live entertainment, artisans along the promenade, the White Rock firefighters charity BBQ, children’s activities and a grand finale of fireworks at night. Scheduled events run from 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Be sure to check our website at www.whiterockcity.ca for a detailed schedule closer to the date.
• Relieve stiff joints, maintain flexibility and nurture your inner peace at our Yoga for Seniors class. Held at White Rock Community Centre starting July 4, this program will allow the body and mind to come alive with renewed energy. Don’t feel left out, gentlemen! We have a Yoga for Stiff Guys class created specifically for you, starting July 3. Call 604-541-2199 for more details.
• Some of us would love to travel, but just simply can’t swing it. Try the next best thing – cook your way there!
Travel to Greece in our Evening in Greece cooking class July 3.
Learn how to create simple dishes with simple ingredients such as lemon potatoes, spinach pies and other Greek delights. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Please note that Kent Street will be closed on Monday, July 2, following Canada Day, reopening Tuesday, July 3, at 8:30 a.m.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.