- 2015 Federal Election
Get active at Kent Street
Now is the time when a lot of our activity groups start up again at Kent Street.
If you haven’t already, you can purchase a White Rock Leisure Services membership for $16.50 and join the plethora of activity groups offered.
Refer to the Kent Street Update to see the specific start times. It is available at the Kent St. Activity Centre, Centennial Park Leisure Centre, or White Rock Community Centre.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• A special thank you to Lloyd Kilby for all of his creative efforts in publishing the KSAC Update for the past 14 years.
Thank you, Lloyd, for all your tireless efforts, your inventive formatting and animated symbols. You have helped keep many people informed about what is happening at Kent, therefore enriching the lives of many.
All the best to you in your move.
• Congratulations to Kent Street members for winning gold at the BC Seniors Games.
Congratulations to Horace Remedios, who won two gold medals in table tennis, and Eric Sandstrom, who won gold in pickleball.
• Are you feeling like you need to put some spice into your exercise routine?
Zumba Gold or Zumba Gold Toning might be just the thing for you.
Zumba incorporates latin inspired music and dance steps to create a dynamic, exciting and effective fitness workout. Build muscle strength, increase bone density and improve posture and balance in our Zumba Gold Toning class.
These are fun sessions geared towards the active older adult.
Classes begin Sept. 17, call 604-541-2199 to register.
• White Rock Leisure Services excursions present unique opportunities to experience something new.
Spoil your taste buds on the Experience Food Cart Vancouver trip scheduled for Sept. 17. Explore your favourite foods from 46 food carts in Vancouver, with Kent Street’s Chef Pat Faulkner and make time for shopping downtown.
Trip includes a guided tour and food samples from four trucks.
• Step into one of history’s most treasured stories on our King Tut-Mini Coach tour.
This exhibition at the Pacific Science Centre in Seattle features more than 100 objects from King Tut’s tomb and ancient sites throughout 2,000 years of ancient Egyptian history.
The trip goes out on Sept. 27 and includes a tour, IMAX movie and dinner. Call 604-541-2231 to register, space is limited.
• Do you enjoy stepping into a new culture. Are you good at learning new languages?
Join the Spanish Beginner and Level 2 classes offered at the White Rock Community Centre or Kent Street Activity Centre starting Sept. 10.
Carlos Rabago is an experienced instructor and has guided travel groups. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Do you have Type 2 diabetes? Does diabetes run in your family? are you interested in prevention?
Fraser Health is offering an informative, helpful class: Fit with Diabetes that will teach you how much exercise you need to keep healthy.
Come prepared to participate in this interactive program held at the new Centre for Active Living.
Call 604-541-2199 today to register.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.