ALEX HOUSE: Welcoming fall
September is traditionally one of the busiest times at Alexandra Neighbourhood House, and this year is no exception.
• Our new preschool opened in Crescent Beach on Sept. 4.
Please contact us for information and registration for childcare, preschool and school-age care at 604-535-0015, ext 233. Alexandra Children’s Centre provides childcare programs at both Kensington Prairie in Grandview Corners and Alex House in Crescent Beach.
• Our School’s Out After School Club begins the week of Sept. 17 at White Rock, Peace Arch, Ocean Cliff and Crescent Park elementary schools.
Care is provided Monday to Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m.
For inquiries or registration call 604-535-0015, ext 233.
• Our community lunches resumed this week with Polish Day Wednesday.
Coming up: Harvest Lunch on Oct. 3; Diwali on Nov. 7.
Share stories, activities and a yummy meal. Members $8/non-members $10. (Cost is not a barrier to participation, please talk to us).
Please register by the preceding Friday at 604-535-0015, ext. 237 to put your name on the list.
Rides are available in the Crescent Beach/Ocean Park area.
• Do you provide in-home childcare for families on the Semiahmoo Peninsula? Have you travelled from another country to work in this community?
Alex House would like to provide better support to in-home and live-in caregivers in our area and we’d love to hear from you. Contact Jenn Bateman at 604-535-0015, ext. 237 or email@example.com
• Meet other gardeners and enjoy the new Alexandra Community Gardens at our upcoming garden gathering on Oct. 16. We’ll meet in the Dining Hall from 6-8 p.m. for a harvest meal and season wrap-up.
Family, friends and neighbours are all welcome and, if you’d like, please bring a dish to share.
• Alexandra Family Place is all about having fun together, discovering together, learning together, sharing together, laughing together and making friends together.
Join us in the Children’s House Tuesday and Thursday mornings, where we have been providing families with opportunities for play and making friends for more than 95 years.
It’s a wonderful opportunity for you to connect with other parents and caregivers and find information and resources on child development, health and parenting issues.
We have books of 10 tickets for $30 available for AFP drop-in at the camp office.
For more info, call 604-535-0015 ext 229.
• We have several family and parenting programs beginning in September, some old favourites and some brand new.
For inquiries on Mommy and Me, Positively Parenting Your Toddler, More Tools for Your Parenting Toolkit, Connect (for parents of teens) and Listen to Me workshops call 604-538-5060, ext. 24.
Donni Klassen is program and communications director at Alexandra Neighbourhood House. For information on programs/services at Camp Alexandra, call 604-535-0015 or go to www.alexhouse.net