ALEX HOUSE: Fall a busy time at Alexandra House
Fall in Crescent Beach is a special time as the leaves change color, the sky is that intense blue and Alexandra Neighbourhood is humming with activity. If you’ve never been to Alex House it’s a great time to visit our unique and historic buildings and see what we have to offer.
• Our School’s Out After School Club began last month at White Rock, Peace Arch, Ocean Cliff and Crescent Park elementary schools.
Care is provided Monday to Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. For inquiries or registration, call 604-535-0015, ext. 233.
• We have several family and parenting programs, some old favorites and some brand new.
For inquiries on Mommy and Me, Positively Parenting Your Toddler, More Tools for Your Parenting Toolkit, Connect (for parents of teens) and Listen to Me workshop, call 604-538-5060, ext. 24.
• We’re already planning our annual community Thanksgiving dinner.
Join us Monday, Oct 8 at 5:30 p.m. for our annual community Thanksgiving meal, a traditional turkey dinner with all the trimmings, then leave the dishes to us.
Call 604-535-0015, ext. 236.
• English Corner is a volunteer-led ESL class for newcomers that allows you to practice conversational English in a friendly environment.
Everyone is welcome to drop in and join the conversation. Call 604-671-6884 for more information.
• Anytime is membership time, so join the crowd. We welcome new and renewing members every day.
The cost is $15 for individuals or $20 for couples or families.
In addition to special member rates on some activities, your membership supports Alexandra Neighbourhood House with our work in your community.
If you’re already a member, we’d hate to lose you. If you are a new member, we’d love to meet you.
Donni Klassen is program and communications director at Alexandra Neighbourhood House. For information on programs/services at Camp Alexandra, call 604-535-0015 or go to www.alexhouse.net