SENIORS SCENE: Last chance for bridge lunch
It’s the last chance to get your tickets for the Kent Street Seniors Society’s Bridge Luncheon, Tuesday, Oct. 30. Enjoy a lovely lunch, door prizes and a fun afternoon of contract bridge. Register with a partner. Tickets are available at Kent Street office for $15. No tickets available at the door.
• The Kent Street Dining Club will meet Tuesday, Oct. 30 at Kiki Restaurant at 11:30 a.m. Call 604-541-2231 to receive the name of this month’s hostess to make your reservations.
• Precious is the upcoming movie to be shown at Tea with the Stars on Wednesday, Nov. 7, 1:30-4 p.m. at White Rock Community Centre. Watch in comfy chairs and enjoy light refreshments. Call 604-541-2199 to reserve a spot.
• Fraser Health offers drop-in flu clinics for seniors 65+ and those with chronic health conditions. Drop in to Centennial Park Leisure Centre (14600 N. Bluff) on Thursday, Nov. 1 from 9 a.m. till 3 p.m. or Kent Street Centre on Thursday, Nov. 8 from 9 a.m. until noon. No appointment required. Contact Fraser Health at 604-542-4000 for other clinics or to make an appointment at their Vine Street location.
• With November just around the corner, are you finding it tough to get out and stay active? Strengthen your muscles and improve flexibility using light weights and resistance bands.A new Stretch and Strength class is starting Oct. 26 for eight weeks. Class is held at Kent Street Activity Centre on Fridays, 8:30-9:30 a.m. Call 604-541-2199.
• Tickets will be on sale at the Kent Street Centre for the Mistletoe Dinner starting Nov. 1. The Dec. 6 dinner is a great way to start your holiday season. Door prizes and entertainment will get you into the Christmas spirit.
• Kent Street Dance committee welcomes the Quartette tomorrow (Wednesday) night at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Tickets sold at the door are $4 for members/$5 for non members. Singles welcome. Doors open at 7 p.m, with live music playing 7:30-10:30. Light refreshments included.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.