- 2015 Federal Election
SENIORS SCENE: Tickets going fast for popular Christmas shows
This is the last week to purchase tickets for two of our popular Christmas events.
The Choristers’ Light the Candle concert held at the First United Church is sure to put you into the Christmas spirit on Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m., as is our ever-popular Mistletoe Dinner on Dec. 6, 4-7 p.m., at Kent Street.
• The White Rock Leisure Services Dramatics group will present a lively Theatre Variety Show in the Kent Street auditorium Dec. 8 at 2:30 p.m.
This event features scenes from some of the students’ favourite plays. By donation.
• Do you like to try new dishes? If so, the Dining Club is for you.
They meet the last Tuesday of every month at a new location every time. (Today’s lunch is at the Ocean Park Village Pub at 11:30 a.m.)
• Now that you have received your Winter Leisure Guide in the mail, you can register for your favorite courses on registration day Wednesday at White Rock Leisure Services.
Call 604-541-2199 or come down to the White Rock Community Centre, Centennial Arena or Kent Street Activity Centre to register.
The Winter Leisure Guide is online as well, where you can register with your family barcode at http://webreg.whiterockcity.ca
• Tired of giving boxes of chocolates or slippers for Christmas? Give the gift of fitness this holiday season?
White Rock Leisure Services sells gift certificates in any denomination that can be applied to fitness classes, health and wellness workshops, computer or art classes and memberships.
They are available at White Rock Leisure Services offices. Call 604-541-2199.
• White Rock Leisure Services is accepting Food Bank donations at Centennial Arena, White Rock Community Centre and Kent Street Activity Centre. Most needed items are baby food, canned protein (such as peanut butter or fish), canned vegetables, whole-grain pastas, brown rice, and fruit juice.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.