SENIORS SCENE: Dance, art, fitness on tap this winter
Why not try something new?
Kick up your heels in a dance class, express yourself in one of our art classes, develop your computers skills, or improve your level of fitness in one of our exercise classes geared towards your ability level.
It’s never too late to jump into something new and keep it fresh. Call us at 604-541-2199 for more information or visit one of our Leisure Services locations, and staff will be happy to help you find a program or activity that excites you.
• Now is the time to renew your membership for 2013.
Upon registration you will have access to all of the activity groups here at Kent Street, and you can enjoy early registration and discounted rates off of registered programs found in the White Rock Leisure Guide.
• Have you tried Zumba Gold?
Designed for the active older adult, Latin-inspired music and dance steps create a dynamic, exciting and effective fitness workout. Zumba is a joyful way to stay active. There is a special $10 drop-in rate for Dec. 14 at the White Rock Community Centre. Class starts at 10 a.m. Here is your opportunity to try it before registering for January classes.
• There are many interesting excursions to choose from in our Winter Leisure Guide.
Take advantage of the strong Canadian dollar with a shopping excursion to downtown Seattle via Amtrak on Jan. 17, or enjoy a beautiful beginner snowshoe walk with chocolate fondue at Hollyburn Lodge, Cypress Mountain, Jan. 23.
Call 604-541-2231 to register.
• This is your last chance to purchase tickets for the Chorister’s Light the Candle concert held at the First United Church this Friday, Dec. 7 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets available from choir members or at Kent Street.
• The Dramatics group will be presenting a lively Theatre Variety Show in the Kent Street auditorium Dec. 8 at 2:30 p.m.
This fun event features scenes from some of the students’ favourite plays so be sure to come out and enjoy. Admission is by donation at the door. Call 604-541-2231 for more info.
• Do you have questions that need answering about OAS, GIS, SAFER, housing options?
Drop in to Kent Street on Dec. 5 at 9:30 a.m. to meet with the Senior Connector. No appointment necessary.
• We have a special performance at the Fresh and Lively Luncheon Dec. 7 here at Kent Street.
Non-profit professional musical trio “History Hunter” will be performing from 1:15-2:15 p.m. to take you on a fascinating musical journey around the world. Please contact Come Share Senior’s Support at 604-531-9400 to reserve your spot and enjoy a delicious meal with friends. Please note that the last luncheon for the year will be held on Dec. 14.
• The Kent Street Dance committee welcomes Johnny Hsu tomorrow night on stage. Tickets sold at the door are $5 for members/$6 for non-members. Singles 50+ welcome. Doors open at 7 p.m., with social dancing 7:30-10:30.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.