- 2015 Federal Election
SENIORS SCENE: Come and try your hand at crib
You are invited to join Cribbage and Bid Whist’s active players every Thursday at Kent Street from 1-3:30 p.m.
Newcomers are welcome to a three-visit guest pass.
Feeling lucky? Bring a partner and play in the crib tournaments the fourth Friday of each month from 12:45-3:30 p.m. at Kent Street and win prizes.
Call 604-541-2231 for info.
• No need to dine alone, the Kent Street Dining Club meets for lunch the last Tuesday of each month at a different restaurant.
Jan. 29, the group will meet at Sabatino’s Trattoria. Call 604-541-2231 for the name of this month’s host/hostess.
• A Senior Connector is available at Kent Street the first Wednesday of each month to provide information about housing options, medical support, government assistance and abuse awareness.
Lawyer Al Benson will also be available in the morning to help low-income seniors with legal queries. Call to reserve your spot for Feb. 6 at 604-541-2231.
• There is a wonderful bus excursion planned for Feb. 18 at the Seattle Centre.
Chihuly Garden and Glass, an exhibition, displays the inspiration and influences of artist Dale Chihuly. The trip includes a tour and gourmet boxed dinner. Call 604-541-2231 to register.
• Do you enjoy performing for others?
Learn the essentials of acting in our Dramatics Group sessions, instructed by actor Monica Marko. No experience required, just enthusiasm
Classes begin Feb. 13. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• What is more romantic than a lovingly prepared dinner?
Discover how to create a wonderful dining experience for your valentine with Pat Faulkner on Feb. 6 at White Rock Community Centre in our Valentine Dinner Special cooking class.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.