- BC Games
SENIORS SCENE: Tours, classes on schedule at Kent Street Activity Centre
Hot off the press – the February Kent Street Update is available for pick up at Kent Street, the White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Park Leisure Centre.
See what exciting activities there are to do, and keep abreast of what is new.
• The Lower Mainland is rich with creativity; get inspired on our Burnaby Cultural Tour scheduled for Feb. 28.
Enjoy the music of Miranda Clingwall as you dine on a delicious buffet lunch at the Shadbolt Centre for the Arts.
Following lunch, receive a guided tour of the first-class exhibitions in the Burnaby Art Gallery.
Trip includes guided tours, lunch and an afternoon snack.
Call 604-541-2231 to register, space is limited.
• Everyone 55-plus is welcome to join the Kent Street Snooker Club.
Here is a wonderful community of snooker players that welcomes new members with a firm hand shake and friendly banter.
The snooker room is open during centre operating hours, Monday to Saturday.
You may bring your own pool cue or there are some available for use.
Never been? Stop by the front desk for a guest pass to try it out.
• Don’t wait until the last minute; be sure to include us in your Valentine’s plans.
Kick up your heels at Kent Street’s Feb. 13 dance, stop by the Kent Street Coffee Shop for a special Valentine’s treat, or take your sweetheart out for a Silver Blades skate at Centennial Arena Feb. 13 or 15.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• We have a great selection of computer classes coming up to fit your needs.
We hold courses that focus on how to use Facebook, teach the basics of computers, how to use email and how to edit photos.
We also have a computer club that meets at Kent Street, 12:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, for lectures to enlighten the more experienced computer user.
Give us a call at 604-541-2199 to register, courses start throughout February.
• The Kent Street auditorium is open Wednesday evenings from 7:30-10:30 p.m. for those 50-plus who enjoy live music, friendly people and social dancing.
Tickets are available at the door.
This week’s live band is the popular Gracie and the Guys.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.