- 2015 Federal Election
SENIORS SCENE: Tax help available at activity centre
The White Rock Leisure Services Spring Guide is available online Feb. 21 at www.whiterockcity.ca
Keep an eye out for your copy in the Feb. 26 Peace Arch News. Registration begins Feb. 25 for Leisure Services members and Feb. 27 for non-members.
• Beginning March 1, volunteers will be available for free income-tax assistance for those aged 65+ on low income.
One-on-one appointments are available Thursdays, or drop off your papers to have your tax return filed electronically. Call 604-541-2231 for details.
• The Kent Street Dining Club meets Feb. 26 at 11:30 a.m., at The Roadhouse on King George Boulevard. Call 604-541-2231 to receive this month’s hostess name for reservations.
• Fit with Diabetes is an exercise class for those who have Type 2 diabetes or who are at risk. How much exercise do you need? How do you get started and how do you keep an exercise regimen going?
Come prepared to participate March 11 and have your questions answered.
Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Feeling out of the technological loop?
Our Introduction to Computers classes can ease you in. Courses run through March. White Rock Leisure Services membership is required. Call 604-541-2199.
• It’s always good to refine your lifestyle to a healthier one.
Learn how to cook healthy, tasty food in our Cooking Low Fat and Delicious class starting March 7 in the Kent Street kitchen.
Or sign up for the Cooking Welcome to Mexico class, March 9, and learn the secrets to this tasty cuisine. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Sometimes it’s challenging to know what fashions are best suited to your body type.
Join Cathy Burrell in our Dressing for your Body At Any Age course.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for this one-day March 9 workshop.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.