- BC Games
SENIORS SCENE: Tulip trip planned
There are just a few spots left on the 30th annual Skagit Valley Tulip Festival excursion April 22.
Celebrate the beauty of spring and take in the breathtaking display of over 200,000 colourful flowering bulbs.
Enjoy lunch at the Kiwanis Club Salmon BBQ and visit Tulip Town boasting a magnificent indoor flower and garden show.
Call 604-541-2231 to register.
• The annual Kent Street Plant & Bake Sale is just weeks away. We encourage you to come out on Saturday, April 27 and support this annual fundraiser at the Kent Street auditorium, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Perhaps you have outdoor plants, seedlings, herbs or bulbs to donate? Please do so the day before from 4-7 p.m. (Outdoor plants only, please).
For information, call 604-541-2231.
• The Dramatics class is presenting a Theatre Variety Show on April 28 at 2 p.m.
Enjoy scenes from some of your favorite comedy plays. Admission is by donation at the Kent Street auditorium door.
• Strengthen your muscles and improve flexibility at our Stretch and Strength 55+ class starting April 15.
Using light weights and resistance bands at your own pace, you will learn how to keep your body limber and strong.
Register at 604-541-2199.
• It’s that time of year again – sing, dance and play at the Kent Street Showcase.
If you are an eager performer, it is your chance to shine on May 11. If you like to play an instrument, dance, sing or are part of an amateur group that likes to perform, please call us at the Kent Street Activity Centre at 604-541-2231 and leave your name and number.
This annual event promises to be an afternoon of great amateur entertainment.
• If woodworking is your hobby, why not sign up for the Peninsula Woodcarvers activity group?
Learn new tricks and expand your project repertoire every Tuesday from 7-9 p.m. at Earl Marriott Secondary.
A White Rock Leisure Services Membership is required; call 604-541-2231.
• White Rock Leisure Services is offering Level 1 and Level 2 Spanish classes starting April 15.
If you travel to Mexico, this is a great class to take. Learn basic phrases and conversation to make your trips even more enjoyable.
Courses begin mid-April; call 604-541-2199.
• Do you enjoy social dancing?
Drop in to the Kent Street Activity Centre on Wednesdays from 7:30-10:30 p.m. for live music.
Buy your tickets at the door (open at 7pm). Refreshments served midway.
This week, Good Vibrations will be on stage.
• The next Mature Driving workshop will be held on April 16 at 9:30 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
What are you doing to reduce your risk and improve your driving? Register now for this free BCAA/Community Policing workshop by calling 604-541-2199.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.