- BC Games
SENIORS' SCENE: Plan ahead for summer trips
Summer registration is underway and there are lots of day trips to choose from in our Summer Leisure Guide – so be sure to register sooner than later because they do fill up.
Take in a baseball game or the beauty of Minter Gardens, enjoy the music of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra in Deer Lake Park or visit the many artisans on Salt Spring Island.
There is such a variety to choose from.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information or take a look at the Summer Leisure Guide for details at whiterockcity.ca
• We have the fitness class for you.
Whatever your strength or ability, White Rock Leisure Services has a variety of classes to meet your exercise needs.
View the Leisure Guide to find out more about Stretch and Strength, Keep Fit for 55+, Balance for 65+, Get Up & Go, Cardio Circuit for 55+, Zumba and Yoga.
Drop-ins are available for some classes.
• White Rock Community Policing and BCAA are conducting free Mature Driving Workshops on May 27 and June 14 from 9:30-11:30 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
Update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations.
Please pre-register by calling 604-541-2199.
• Now’s the time to purchase a drop-in adult fitness pass.
The drop-in fitness schedule for the cardio gym at the Centre for Active Living has just been expanded, so there is more schedule flexibility for working out.
It is open from Monday-Friday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., as well as 4:30-9 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-9 p.m. on Wednesdays and 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
Stop by any one of our leisure services locations and we would be happy to register you for a pass.
• Looking for a safe and effective exercise for your osteoporosis?
Sign up for Osteofit 1 or Osteofit for Life and learn how you can safely stay in shape and maintain long-term bone health.
Held at the White Rock Community Centre, classes start the middle of June.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information or to register.
• Experience an excursion of culture and intrigue; tour the featured exhibition at the Vancouver Art Gallery June 5 followed by traditional afternoon tea at the Fairmont.
Trip includes admission and tea.
Call 604-541-2231 to register; space is limited.
• Join the conversation – the Spanish conversation, that is.
If you are looking to improve your skills in this beautiful language, meet up with our Spanish conversation activity group at the Kent Street library Thursdays from 10-11 a.m.
A White Rock Leisure Services membership is required.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Quartette will be playing at the Kent Street Wednesday night dance this week, from 7:30-10:30.
Tickets for the dance are available at the door at 7 p.m.
Refreshments served midway, singles and couples 50+ welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.