- 2015 Federal Election
ALEX HOUSE: Summer fun on the menu
It's time again for summer excitement!
Alexandra Neighbourhood House hosts Neighbourhood Fun Night on Wednesdays until Aug. 20, 5-7 p.m.
NFN promises food, fun, and activities for the whole family. We’ll have a barbeque or light dinner followed by games, crafts, or other activities built around a theme.
It’s a great way to meet neighbours and make friends in our historic, seaside setting.
No registration required – just come and have fun.
• Our fourth year of beachside Play Away Day Camps for kids ages 5 to 12 is underway with weekly themes that will inspire every adventurer.
Join us in a traditional camp setting at the beach for words at play, ooey-gooey art, create! innovate!, eco kids, and more.
Camps run through the week of Aug. 18, and before and after care is available if required.
Go to www.alexhouse.net for more information.
• Alexandra Family Place is all about having fun together, learning together, sharing together, laughing together and making friends.
Join us in the Children’s House, where we have been providing families with opportunities for play for more than 97 years.
Connect with other parents and find information and resources on child development, health and parenting issues.
During the summer, AFP drop-in runs Tuesday mornings from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Contact email@example.com for more information.
• Get outside and get moving!
Our volunteer-led Morning Walking Group meets in front of Alex House at 9:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday year-round.
New people are always welcome at this drop in, no cost program. Just come and have fun.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Alex House's Youth & Family Centre is located at 15455 Vine Ave. in White Rock, with programs and special events that provide youth with opportunities to develop their strengths, overcome their challenges and connect with their community.
Through the Reconnect program, we provide one-to-one support, outreach, parent-teen mediation and lots of information for youth about programs and services in the community.
Join us this summer for movie nights and barbecues.
Call 604-538-5060 for more information.
• Our Youth & Family Centre is also home to the Vine Youth Wellness Drop In for youth ages 12-21.
Youth can meet with a physician around general health issues and/or speak to a youth worker around non-medical issues in a safe and supportive environment.
Drop-in hours are 3:30-6:30 p.m. Mondays and the last Wednesday of every month.
Call 604-542-3926 for more information – www.vineyouthclinic.com
Donni Klassen is a contributor for Alexandra Neighbourhood House. For information on programs/services at Camp Alexandra, call 604-535-0015 or go to www.alexhouse.net