News

Southridge students evacuated

Fire crews were at Southridge School in South Surrey Wednesday, after an overheating heater set off alarms. - Sarah Massah photo
Fire crews were at Southridge School in South Surrey Wednesday, after an overheating heater set off alarms.
— image credit: Sarah Massah photo

Students at Southridge School had a wet start to their day Wednesday, after an overheating heater triggered the building’s fire alarms.

The alert set off sprinklers in the senior school and prompted a brief evacuation of those students. Fire crews at the scene said the school suffered minor water damage in the incident.

 

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

In Theatres: Boy Next Door; Mortdecai; Cake (VIDEO)
 
Surrey movie misses making the Oscar cut
 
South End Summit set for Saturday
Surrey pot grower sentenced to a year in jail
 
Former Agassiz farmer celebrates 100th birthday amongst family and friends
 
Eggs-treme reaction to new Creme Egg recipe
Sightlines building better Mousetrap
 
The New Year Brings Bluegrass Nouveau to Harrison
 
UPDATE: Missing Surrey 13-year-old located

Community Events, January 2015

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Jan 22 edition online now. Browse the archives.