News

Southridge students evacuated

Fire crews were at Southridge School in South Surrey Wednesday, after an overheating heater set off alarms. - Sarah Massah photo
Fire crews were at Southridge School in South Surrey Wednesday, after an overheating heater set off alarms.
— image credit: Sarah Massah photo

Students at Southridge School had a wet start to their day Wednesday, after an overheating heater triggered the building’s fire alarms.

The alert set off sprinklers in the senior school and prompted a brief evacuation of those students. Fire crews at the scene said the school suffered minor water damage in the incident.

 

 

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

B.C. Muslim Association speaks out on gunman
 
Southridge Storm find another level on pitch
 
Peace Arch News Classic volleyball tournament to hit court
UPDATE: 2 confirmed dead in Marysville, Washington school shooting
 
Renewed call for White Rock council to axe trees
 
Do you know this woman? She may have witnessed robbery
High hopes commission will keep Queensborough connected to New West
 
ELECTION 2014: Tax plan draws opinions at Richmond forum
 
This camera was worth a thousand thank-yous

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 23 edition online now. Browse the archives.