On Thursday, Sept. 11, the Surrey Board of Trade will host the eighth annual Surrey Environment and Business Awards Lunch, featuring a Waste Management Solutions Panel. The panelists will speak to topics such as Multi Material BC (MMBC), organics waste, and Bylaw 280 – Regulation of Solid Waste and Recyclable Materials.
The five panelists are:
• Mayor Derek Corrigan, Vice Chair of the Zero Waste Committee, Metro Vancouver
• Neil Hastie, Global Product Stewardship Council
• Candace Le Roy, Director, SFU Sustainability Office
• Genevieve Blondin, Growing City
• Nicole Stefenelli, Urban Impact
The event will also feature a presentation by Surrey Coun. Bruce Hayne on the Green Surrey Program, as well as the presentation of the Environment and Business Awards. The awards are presented to Surrey Board of Trade members or Surrey-based businesses that have demonstrated exceptional dedication to environmental leadership and/or issues. The award recipients are guided by a sense of respect for the environment and demonstrate this initiative consistently.
This year’s winners are:
• Small Business – TBF Environmental Technology Inc.
• Medium Business – Novex Delivery Solutions
• Large Business – Guildford Town Centre
The event takes lace Sept. 11 at Eaglequest Golf Course (7778 152 St.). Lunch and registration are from 11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.. The program is 12-1:30 p.m. Admission is $40 (member) or $55 (non-member).
For further information, please contact Anita Huberman, CEO, Surrey Board of Trade, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 604-634-0342.