South Surrey developments received accolades during a building awards event in downtown Langley Thursday night.
Chorus Apartments – a venture of the Semiahmoo House Society, at 2358 153 St. – was named best apartment complex, at the seventh annual Fraser Valley Commercial Building Awards held at the Cascades convention centre.
And Hayer Business Centre – at 19180 36 Ave. – received the award for best industrial development
There were categories in the annual celebration acknowledging the best in commercial, industrial and revenue-producing buildings from Delta to Chilliwack completed between Jan. 1, 2016 and Aug. 31, 2017.
There were 31 finalists.
Award of Excellence Winners in their categories include:
• Apartments: Chorus Apartments – 2358 153 St., Surrey. Developer/General Contractor: Marcon Developments Ltd. Architect/Designer: Ankenman Associates Architects Inc.
• Industrial: Hayer Business Centre – 19180 – 36 Ave., Surrey. Developer: Hayer Builders Group. Architect/Designer: Taylor Kurtz. General Contractor: Integrated Construction.
• Institutional: Surrey Memorial Hospital Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Stabilization Unit – 13750 96 Ave. Architect/Designer: Kirsten Reite Architecture. General Contractor: Kinetic Construction Ltd.
• Mixed Use: Sky Banquet & Convention Centre – 6680 152A St., Surrey. Developer/General Contractor: Jagpal Development Ltd. Architect/Designer: WG Architecture Inc.
• Multi Family: The Place On Park Avenue – 20458 Park Ave. Langley. Developer: JMC Properties Ltd. Architect/Designer: Points West Architecture. General Contractor: MDM Construction (2012) Co. Ltd.
• Retail Renovation: Fraser 206 – 20627, 20631, 20633 Fraser Highway, Langley. Developer/Designer: Elevate Development Corp. General Contractor: West Coast Building Restoration Inc.
• Rowhomes: Brixton Station – 45554 Tamihi Way, Chilliwack. Developer/General Contractor/Architect/ Designer: Algra Bros. Developments.
• Shopping Centres: Tsawwassen Mills Mall – 5000 Canoe Pass Way. Developer: Ivanhoe Cambridge. Architect/Designer: Stantec. General Contractor: Ledcor Construction Ltd.
• Social Housing: Hearthstone Place – 2719 Gladys Ave., Abbotsford. Architect/Designer: CHP Architects. General Contractor: Mierau Contractors Ltd.
• Townhomes: Parallel North – 1968 North Parallel Road, Abbotsford. Developer/General Contractor: Diverse Properties & Diverse Construction Ltd. Architect/Designer: Focus Architecture.
• Wood Construction: Meridian Condominiums – 5363 201 St., Langley. Owner: L&R Joint Ventures Ltd. Architect/Designer: Keystone Architecture & Planning Ltd.
Awards of Merit (runner-up) went to:
Industrial: VIP Soap Products Ltd. of Mission and Peterbilt Surrey.
Multi Family: Lot Living of Langley.
Rowhomes: Cambridge Walk of Surrey.
Townhomes: Eagle’s Gate of Abbotsford.
Black Press – parent company of Peace Arch News – was a Platinum Sponsor of the event, and Gold Sponsors are Re/MAX Commercial, MNP, the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board Commercial Division. Category sponsors are WoodWORKS!BC, Schreder Brothers Real Estate Group of Royal LePage Wolstencroft, Greensheet Construction Review and Invest Northwest Publishing Ltd.