The Kent Street table tennis activity group is always looking for more players of all levels to join their friendly group.
Drop in Mondays, 5-7 p.m., Wednesdays 2:45-4:15 p.m. and Saturdays 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. Try out this fun activity three times before purchasing a membership. For more information, call 604-541-2231.
• With the colder weather approaching, now is the time to start boosting your immune system and there is no better way to do it than through proper nutrition.
On Tuesday, Oct. 29, learn about specific food and supplements to include in your diet, plus foods to avoid that can suppress your immune system. Join Jen Casey from Nature’s Fare Market for this informative, thought-provoking workshop at the Centre for Active Living. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
This workshop is free for White Rock Recreation and Culture members and only $8 for non-members.
• Find out how to take great photos and videos on you iPhone and iPad.
Learn how to spot focus, adjust light, use your flash setting and much more. Sign up now for this workshop on Tuesday Nov. 5, 10 a.m. to noon at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Call 604-541-2231 or online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register.
• Kent Street Activity Centre’s fall snooker tournament was a roaring success.
Twenty-eight players took part in this year’s event that was dedicated to three active 90-year-old members of the club; Pat Booth, Terry Steer and Doug Brown.
Good fun and friendly competition was the order of the day.
The winners of this year’s event were Russ Morgan and Jerry Osier. The runners-up were Carl Boehr and Eric Sandstrom. For more information on the Kent Street Snooker club call 604-541-2231 or drop down to the centre for a visit.
• Wake up your Thursday mornings in a Sunrise Yoga class for both beginners and experienced practitioners with a focus on proper alignment, breath connection and mindfulness.
Drop in or register for this class from 8-9 a.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Yoga can help reduce stress, increase energy, stretch, strengthen the muscles, and encourage you to breathe more freely and fully. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Spend Saturday, Nov. 2 learning Mindfulness. From 9:30-10:45 a.m. discover the gentle healing movements of Mindful Qigong and then at 11 a.m. find out how Mindfulness practice can help to help improve the quality of your life. Call 604-541-2231 to register for one or both of these workshops.
• The Kent Street dance committee welcomes you to their Wednesday night dance. Singles and couples aged 50-plus are welcome.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with dancing from 7-10 p.m. Refreshments served midway. Tonight’s featured band is Swing City.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.