Are you a scrabble lover?
Next Tuesday at 10 a.m. drop into the Kent Street library and enjoy a game or two of this fun game. What a great way to meet some new friends and check out what the Kent Street Activity Centre has to offer.
Remember, you can try out any Kent Street Activity group three times before purchasing membership. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Come early and enjoy a nourishing, tasty lunch at the Kent Street Coffee Shop. New members always welcome! Try out any Kent Street Centre activity group three times before purchasing a membership.
• The Kent Street Players present “Scrooge with a Twist” on Saturday, Nov. 23 at 2 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Tickets are only $10 and light refreshments are included. Get into the Christmas spirit and purchase a ticket to support this Kent Street Centre Activity group. Call 604-541-2231, or drop into any White Rock Recreation Centre to purchase a ticket.
• Kent Street Coffee Shop volunteers and staff spent last weekend making loads of delicious homemade jam that they are excited to be selling to the community. A variety of fruit flavors available for only $4 (small jar) and $7 (large jar). Drop in and see us Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. before all this yummy jam is gone!
• The card game Hand-and-Foot Canasta has been added to the Kent Street Activity Centre’s cards afternoon on Thursdays 1-3:15 p.m. in the auditorium.
Drop in and try out this fun game and if you are new to it, we have volunteers that will help teach you how to play. After a game or two of canasta, why not try your hand at crib or bid whist, which is being played at the same time.
• Polypharmacy is the use of multiple drugs more than is medically necessary. This is a growing concern for older adults.
Drop down to the Centre for Active Living on Thursday, Oct. 24 and join in on an interactive health talk with a Medicine Shoppe Pharmacist on how to enhance good health as you age and understand the risks associated with polypharmacy. To register call 604-541-2199.
• On Saturday, Oct. 19, from 10 a.m. to noon, the City of White Rock and the Peace Arch Hospital Foundation are hosting a volunteer fair at the White Rock Community Centre.
Here is your chance to get more involved in your community, learn new skills or make connections that may lead you to new social circles and friends. More than 15 local organizations with volunteer opportunities for youths, adults and seniors will be attending. www.whiterockcity.ca/volunteer fair
• Don’t put it off! A refresher on your first aid and CPR skills is important at any time. Learn first aid and CPR techniques for adults and children. Receive a National St. John’s Ambulance CPR A certificate. Register now for this workshop on Saturday, Oct. 26, 9:30 a.m. -1:30 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. Call 604-541-2199.
• If you enjoy dancing to live music with friends, visit the Kent Street Activity Centre this Wednesday from 7-10 p.m. Tickets are available at the door. Tonight, the music of Sweetwater will get you up on the dance floor. Singles and couples 50 plus welcome.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.