Categories: Community

Semiahmoo Secondary alumna planning 70-year reunion

It’s been a while since Grace Ialungo spoke with many of her high school classmates – seven decades, in fact.

But the graduate of Semiahmoo Secondary’s class of 1950 would like to rectify that. So she is putting out a call to former students of the South Surrey high school who graduated alongside her 70 years ago.

Ialungo has already spoken with a handful of former classmates, all now in their late 80s, but suspects there are likely a few more out there who would be happy to reconnect – to swap stories from their school days and beyond.

“I’m hoping, anyway,” she said. “My aim is to contact as many people as I can.”

Plans for the reunion itself have not been set in stone, said Ialungo, but it will likely take place in September and include lunch and a long visit at a local restaurant.

Anyone who graduated as part of Semiahmoo’s class of 1950 and would like to participate is asked to contact Ialungo by email, at jovial1@shaw.ca or by phone, at 604-479-2424.

editorial@peacearchnews.com
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

Brenda Anderson

Leave a Comment
Published by
Brenda Anderson

Recent Posts

Grand jury indicts police officer in Breonna Taylor death

Officer Brett Hankison was charged with three counts of wanton endangerment

32 mins ago

Face masks to be mandatory at all Delta facilities Oct. 1

Masks will be mandatory when entering, exiting and moving around all common areas

33 mins ago

First 8 months of fatal overdoses in B.C. have now exceeded 2019 death toll

Nine people died every two days in August, BC Coroners Service data shows

47 mins ago

Horgan lambasting Liberal health record in Surrey

Premier John Horgan is in Surrey this morning to attack Liberal Leader Andrew Wilkinson’s role…

1 hour ago

‘The fix was in’: BC Liberals in Surrey-White Rock call out own party

Party members say there was no intention to have fair nomination process

2 hours ago