Registration is now open for all White Rock Recreation and Culture programs. Check out our recreation guide online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register or pick up a copy at one of our recreation centres and discover all the amazing programs and special events coming up this fall.
• Most of the Kent Street activity groups will be returning from the summer break next week, including the Stitch and Chat group, which is always welcoming new members. Bring along a sewing or knitting project you are working on and drop in and check out this friendly group on Friday, Sept. 6 at 1 p.m.
Remember, you can try out any activity group at the Centre three times before becoming a paid member.
A 2019 Recreation and Culture membership is only $20 for the remainder of the year.
• On Saturday, Sept. 21, put on your sneakers and join us at the White Rock Community Centre to try out some active “Try It” classes geared just for you! These sessions are part of “For the Health of It” and give you the opportunity to try out Movement for Fitness, Osteofit for men and women and Zumba Gold in a chair. If you like any of these programs, sign up for them on the spot at the recreation centre.
Call 604-541-8653 to register for this free event.
• Don’t forget that free drop-in seniors’ fitness classes continue into the fall on Tuesday and Friday at 10:30 a.m. on the Generations Playground in Centennial Park. Learn how to use the fitness equipment and move for life.
• Do you want to start hiking or trail walking? Do you want the health benefits of being physically active out in nature but are not sure what to wear or bring, or what to expect?
Learn about safe hiking practices, and great trails with outdoor leader Patrick.
This free session is geared to adults 50-plus and will be held on Friday, Aug. 30, 1:30-2:30 p.m.
• The Kent Street Centre Computer club resumes on Wednesday, Sept. 11, from 12:30-2:30 p.m. in the auditorium. New members are invited to attend and find out what the club is all about.
These special-interest groups complement the regular weekly meetings.
More information about the club and the SIG’s can be found at https://wrscc.ca/ or call the Centre at 604-541-2231.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information or to purchase a three-month membership.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre will be closed on Monday, Sept. 2 for Labour Day. Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 3.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information, call 604-541-2231.