More and more women are discovering the fun game of snooker. Women 55 and over – of all skill levels – are encouraged to drop down to the Kent Street Activity Centre snooker room during regular operating hours.
Give us a call at 604-541-2231 for more information. Remember, if you are not sure if snooker is the activity for you, drop in three times and try it out for free before purchasing a membership.
• The White Rock Sea Festival returns this year for an action-packed weekend of fun in the sun. Events take place at the White Rock waterfront and Semiahmoo Park Aug. 2, 3, 4.
There is something for everyone to enjoy, from children’s activities to live music, a torchlight parade, salmon barbecue and more. For a full schedule of events visit whiterockcity.ca/seafestival
• The White Rock Community Centre holds a Mah Jong drop-in throughout the summer on Mondays, from 1-3 p.m. in the art room. Membership is required to join this fun group and players should be able to count their hand prior to joining.
For more information, call 604-541-2199.
• If you feel like having a break from the warm weather we have been experiencing, consider dropping into the Kent Street Activity Centre and cooling off. Our cozy and comfortable library is available to enjoy between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Choose a book to read from our lending library or bring one of your own. It’s a great way to spend a relaxing and enjoyable afternoon.
• Looking for something to do tomorrow? Cribbage & Bid Whist players will be meeting from 1-3 p.m. in the air-conditioned Kent Street Activity Centre Auditorium. This enthusiastic and friendly group always welcomes new members for an afternoon of fun.
Remember, you can come and try out this activity group three times before becoming a paid member. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Swimming is a wonderful way to exercise and warm-water fitness classes are just the best. Take the White Rock, Recreation and Culture mini bus to the Tong Louie YMCA to participate in the Gentle Joints swim program. Enjoy a combination of body movements, stretches and exercises in a friendly, social atmosphere.
The pool has a movable floor for easy entry. Drop-in space is available by calling 604-541-2199.
• Don’t forget that there is a free drop-in Seniors Fitness class every Tuesday and Friday 10:30 a.m., at the Generations Playground in Centennial Park. Learn how to use the fitness equipment and move for life. To sign up in advance call 604-541-2219.
• All Recreation and Culture Facilities in White Rock, including the Kent Street Activity Centre, will be closed on Monday, Aug. 5 for British Columbia Day. They will all re-open on Tuesday August 6.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.