Drop into the Kent Street Activity Centre during the summer and discover all the fun activities you can do.
Many of the activity groups continue during the summer so why not check some of them out?
Remember, you can visit us three times as a guest before taking out a membership. Pick up a copy of Kent Street Centre’s summer schedule or see it online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• Chair Yoga is a safe and gentle way to experience the joy of yoga, incorporating a chair and standing postures, breathing techniques and guided meditation. This health-and-wellness program is designed for older adults and is available at the White Rock Community Centre on Wednesday or Thursday mornings.
Drop-in is available. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Are you looking to get out of the hot weather and into an air-conditioned building where you can still be active? Why not drop in to carpet bowling and meet new friends as you participate in a fun activity?
Enjoy this exciting game of skill and strategy every Wednesday and Friday through summer, 10 a.m. to noon at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• The next Concert for the Pier is tomorrow, 7 p.m. at Memorial Park at West Beach. Enjoy great music from Jim Byrnes. Free admission.
Visit concertsatthepier.com for more information.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre Sing-a-long group is still getting together during the summer months to sing. Drop in to the classroom in the centre at 2 p.m. on Aug. 7, 13, 20 and 27 and be prepared to sing along to some fabulous tunes with this friendly, welcoming group.
If you have Type 2 diabetes or are at risk for diabetes, Fit with Diabetes is the program for you. How much exercise do you need?
How do you get started and how do you keep going? Come prepared to participate in this interactive three-session class beginning Friday, Aug. 2, 12-2 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• This Friday (July 26) at 5:30 p.m., join the City of White Rock and the White Rock Pride Society for the Pride flag-raising ceremony at City Hall. Reception to follow.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.