Kent Street Activity Centre will be holding a presentation on Wednesday, Feb. 12, 12-1:15 p.m. or 1:30-2:15 p.m., on White Rock Recreation and Culture’s new registration system coming this spring.
Learn how to create a customer account, purchase a Kent Street membership and register for programs in the upcoming spring/summer Recreation and Culture guide. No cost and no registration to attend. Refreshments will be served.
• The Kent Street Centre Book and Bake Sale is a few days away.
This Saturday, (Feb. 8) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., drop down to the Kent Street auditorium.
Hundreds of gently used books in virtually all categories will be sold at great prices. Come early and pick up some fabulous books and delicious baking at great prices.
All proceeds from the sale go to support the Kent Street Activity Centre’s projects and programs for seniors in the community.
• Are you a person who enjoys getting your exercise at the start of the day? Drop into Body Works 50+ Monday or Wednesday, 8:30-9:30 a.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Strengthen your muscles and improve flexibility using light weights and resistance bands.
Senior drop-in price is only $5.75, or purchase a group fitness swipe pass for an even better discount.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• What are you doing on Tuesday afternoons?
If you enjoy a game of chance then drop down and try your luck at Bingo at the Kent Street Activity Centre, from 1-3 p.m.
Not a Kent Street Activity Centre member? Come try out Bingo or any other activity three times before purchasing a membership.
Call 604-2231 for more information.
• Approximately 30 per cent of all seniors will have a fall.
Prevention through education and awareness is key to decreasing your risk of experiencing a fall.
This wellness talk will tackle inside and outside factors that put us at risk for falling, and how to prevent falls. After the talk on Monday, Feb. 10, 1:30-3 p.m., stay to have your mobility device checked for safety and proper functionality.
• Join the amazing staff and volunteers at A Rocha Heritage Farm for a creative cooking workshop.
The cost is only $10 per person or $5 if you have a Kent Street Activity Centre membership.
Discover how to harvest fresh ingredients for your meals, learn how to use seasonal produce, make healthy substitutions and try out new cooking techniques. On Wednesday, Feb. 12, learn all about healthy oils. Transportation is included from the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
This workshop is funded by the Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Healthy Community Grant.
• On Tuesday, Feb. 18, visit the Royal BC Museum in Victoria for the 55th Annual Wildlife Photographer of the Year Competition, followed by a visit to the Robert Bateman Centre, featuring the largest exhibit of original works and prints by the world’s greatest wildlife artist. Call 604-541-2199 to register for this exciting excursion.
• The Silver Stars are on stage this Wednesday night (Feb. 5) at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Tickets sold at the door. Singles, couples 50-plus are welcome, doors open at 6:30 p.m. with social dancing from 7-10 p.m. We look forward to seeing you tonight!
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information, call the Centre at 604-541-2231.