The Kent Street Coffee Shop will be open on Tuesday, March 8 for sit-down and take-out food service.
The coffee shop is open from 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, and offers a wonderful selection of sandwiches, soups, baked goods and hot weekly specials.
If you have some extra time on your hands, the kitchen is needing some volunteer help with cooking, meal-preparation and providing counter service. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please pick up a volunteer form from the Kent Street Activity Centre or call 604-541-2199.
• Did you know that every Friday, from 1-3 p.m., the White Rock Community Centre invites anyone who likes to draw to the Peninsula Sketchers drop- in.
Just bring a pencil and paper and enjoy two hours of sketching with this informal group. All levels are welcome. The cost is $30 for 10 sessions or $5 for a single drop-in session. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• The Kent Street Computer Club is returning after an almost two-year absence. Every Wednesday, from 12:30-2:30 p.m., seniors can learn, share and become more knowledgeable about the tech world through guest speakers and a variety of presentations.
If you haven’t purchased a membership with the Kent Street Activity Centre, give us a call and find out how you can try out any activity group, including the computer club, three times before purchasing membership.
Please call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• Windows 10 – Handy Tips for Beginners is being offered on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, beginning March 15, at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
The class will take place in the computer lab, so you don’t need to worry about bringing a laptop as there are four desktop computers to learn on.
Find out how to navigate Windows 10 in a fun and friendly environment in a small class setting. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Join art lecturer Linda Quigley for a talk all about colour and how the history and science of colour can be very surprising. Certain artists have become associated with colour, like Picasso’s blue period, while others used colour to change how we see reality or express emotions.
Sign up online at whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199. This workshop is on March 24, 1:30- 3 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
• There is still space in the senior driving workshop co-sponsored by White Rock Community Policing and the RCMP. Assess your driving skills and habits, plus update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations, on Thursday March 15, 10 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent Street is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities please call the Centre at 604-541-2231.