Carpet bowling is back at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Drop by and connect with new and old friends on Wednesday and Friday mornings at 10 a.m. Masks are required when playing and there is limited capacity.
Carpet bowling is just one of the Kent Street Activity Centre groups that has returned to the Centre this fall. The friendly group welcomes all seniors 55+ at any skill level. Drop in three times and try the activity out before becoming a paid member. To get more details on what other activity groups have returned, call 604-541-2231 or check out the online membership activities schedule at whiterockcity.ca/seniors
• The next frozen-meal sale at the Kent Street Activity Centre will be , Oct. 15, 9:30 a.m to 12:30 p.m. Stock up on a variety of low-cost, nutritious and delicious frozen meals, soups, baked goods and jams. For more information, call 604-541-2231 or check out the City of White Rock’s website at www.whiterockcity/seniors prior to the sale day to see the menu for that day.
• Learn the basics of altering ready-made and me-made clothes in Alterations 101. This course will cover buttons, snaps, mending, hand sewing, taking apart seams and more. Gain confidence to take on any project.
This three-week program begins Monday, Oct. 25, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Facebook is a perfect app to have on your mobile device or computer to keep you connected with family and friends. This workshop will walk you through everything you need to know about Facebook. Sign up for this one-day workshop on Tuesday, Oct. 26, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. To view the complete list of fall computer workshops being offered, check out the winter recreation guide online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• Danny Chen is hosting a one-day art workshop on Friday, Oct. 29, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
This workshop will focus on painting nature and will teach you how to use watercolours with confidence and control. Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• The White Rock Museum and Archives presents: Lest We Forget: White Rock During the War Years. Thousands of men and women served their country on the frontlines. Many more stayed home in White Rock and served in the workforce, in convalescence and in voluntary service organizations – wherever they were needed. You are invited to explore the history of White Rock at war through the museum’s collection and archival material.
This exhibit will be shown in the Museum Gallery until Nov. 14, 2021. For more information, please visit www.whiterockmuseum.ca or call 604-541-2221.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information please call the Centre at 604-541-2231.