The Kent Street Seniors Society is excited to be presenting their first ever Fall Fashion Show on Saturday, Oct. 5, 1:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
Nygard Fashions in conjunction with our lovely Kent Street models will be presenting some beautiful clothing and designs that you are sure to fall in love with.
Clothing will be for sale so make sure to bring your wallet! Call 604-541-2199 to register. Cost is only $8.
• More and more ladies are discovering the fun game of snooker. Ladies 55 and over of all skill levels are encouraged to drop down to the Kent Street Activity Centre snooker room during regular operating hours.
Give us a call at 604-541-2231 for more information.
Remember, if you are not sure if snooker is the activity for you, drop in three times and try it out free before purchasing a membership. Remember that a Recreation and Culture membership is only $20 for the remainder of the year.
• On Monday, Sept. 30, 1:30-3 p.m. Kent Street Activity Centre and a Medicine Shoppe Pharmacist will be offering an interactive health talk focusing on heart health and blood pressure. You will be guided through the importance of monitoring your blood pressure and understanding what is too high, as this number varies depending upon your personal health history.
After the talk, stay to have your blood pressure checked. Call 604-541-2199 to sign up for this workshop, which is free for White Rock Recreation and Culture members and only $8 for non members.
• Have you always wanted to learn how to do stained glass? Well, here is your chance on Saturday, Oct. 5, 10 a.m. till 3:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Learn how to make a simple six-inch suncatcher using the copper foil method.
Discover how to cut glass, use a glass grinder and how to solder. Go home with an exquisite piece of art! Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Spend a fun six weeks with instructor Carlie Blume, who will introduce you to the fabulous world of poetry. Discover how to create poems that engage the senses and imagination plus how to use life experiences as inspiration for your writing. No experience needed and at the end of the course you will bind your poems into a small handmade chapbook to take home as a memento. Register now for this course that starts on Thursday, Sept. 26, 7-9 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
• Head down to the Kent Street Activity Centre this Wednesday (Sept. 25) and enjoy the fabulous music of Quartette on stage in the Kent Street auditorium, located at 1475 Kent St. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with social dancing from 7-10 p.m.
Open to all ages 50-plus and includes refreshments at the break. An inexpensive and fun night out for only $6 for members and $8 for non-members.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.