The Kent Street Activity Centre is now open and welcoming back seniors to a variety of programs and activities.
If you purchased a Kent Street membership in 2019-’20, it will be valid until Dec. 31, 2022.
To find out what activity groups are returning this month to the centre, please call 604-541-2231.
For registered programs, check out the online guide at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Please remember that masks are required at all White Rock Recreation and Culture facilities and you will be asked to show proof of vaccination along with government-issued ID.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
• Volunteers are still needed to help in the Kent Street Activity Centre coffee shop. Tasks include peeling, chopping, washing dishes, serving customers, taking orders and helping with baking.
Volunteers are needed for four-hour shifts beginning at 9 a.m., Monday-Thursday (Times may vary slightly depending on the day).
If you are interested, drop into the centre to fill out a volunteer application form. Please call 604-541-2231 for more information on opportunities that are available.
• Frozen-meal sales will be returning to the Kent Street Activity Centre once a week beginning on Monday, Sept. 20, from 9 a.m until noon. Stock up on a variety of low-cost, nutritious and delicious frozen meals, soups and baked goods.
The next frozen-meal sale day will be on Friday, Oct. 1. For more information, please call 604-541-2231.
Remember to check out the City of White Rock’s website at www.whiterockcity.ca/seniors prior to the sale day to see the menu for that day.
• Body Works 50+ is a fun workout designed to improve your muscular endurance, functional strength and flexibility.
This full-body workout will keep you fit and ready for your active lifestyle. Register now for this program beginning this week on Tuesdays, 9-10 a.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
Call 604-541-2199 to register or on line at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Build stamina and endurance in an interval-training fit camp for those who are 55-plus. Sign up for this 13-session program at the White Rock Community Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Yoga for Men is a class that focuses on improving flexibility for the neck, shoulders, hips and legs plus gaining strength, improving balance, endurance and range of motion.
Evening and daytime classes are available starting this week and next.
Call 604-541-2199 for more information or check out the recreation guide on line at whiterockcity.ca/register
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities please call the Centre at 604-541-2231.