The White Rock Recreation and Culture Spring Recreation Guide is now online at whiterockcity.ca/register
Registration is done online or by phone, beginning Tuesday, March 16 at 9 a.m. There is no in-person registration at this time. If you need some assistance setting up your account to register online, please call 604-541-2199 for assistance.
• The milder spring weather provides the opportunity for more outdoor fitness classes, including Body Works, Fit Camp, Zumba, Zumba Gold and STRONG. Check out whiterockcity.ca/register for dates and times and join your favorite fitness class outside this spring.
• Next Tuesday (March 16) from 12:30-2:30 p.m. join Zumba instructor Mary Lou Rust for a fun afternoon learning easy-to-follow moves choreographed to Latin and international inspired music from the comfort of your own home. The Semiahmoo Seniors Planning Table and the City of White Rock are hosting a free Zumba Gold event via Zoom that is a perfect exercise class for older adults. Register now by calling 604-541-8653 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The event is brought to you by the Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Healthy Community Grant Program.
• Due to COVID-19, ICBC has changed the way in-person visits and enhanced road assessments are being conducted. Find out more about the new procedures in a Seniors Driving Workshop on Thursday, March 25, from 10 a.m.-noon at the White Rock Community Centre.
Cost is only $5 and pre-registration is required. Call 604-541-2199 register now, as there are only a few seats available.
• White Rock Recreation and Culture has two cardio gyms to exercise safely, with strict COVID-19 health protocols in place. Daytime hours are available at the White Rock Community Centre and evening hours at the Centre for Active Living. Your cardio session can be booked seven days in advance by calling 604-541-2199 or going online to www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• If you need help with a simple tax situation, both Sources and the Seniors Come Share Society can help you file your taxes. If you are over 55 years, and your income is less than $35,000 – or $45,000 for couples – and you live in Surrey/White Rock please call Sources at 604-542-4357 or the Seniors Come Share Society at 604-531-9400 ext. 216 to book an appointment.
• It is important that we continue to stay connected while safely apart. The City of White Rock wants you to stay in touch and keep connected. Check out www.whiterockcity.ca/connect for a selection of online events, activities and resources available to our community.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to people 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only. Customer service is by phone, Monday-Friday 8:30 am -4:30 pm 604-541-2199. For the latest COVID-19 updates, visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19