The Seniors Summer Excursion & Activity Guide will be available at the Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre and Centennial Park Leisure Centre on Friday, May 17. Check out some amazing new trips and programs for the summer, then get ready to register on Tuesday, May 21, starting at 7 a.m. online, or 8:30 a.m. in person or by phone.
• Glide onto the dance floor with confidence and style.
Learn the rumba, cha-cha and salsa in Latin Moves lessons, or learn the swing, bolero, foxtrot and waltz in the Simply Ballroom lessons. So many classes to choose from. Check out the various days and times at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• Now that the weather is becoming milder, come down to the new Generations Playground for free drop-in fitness classes every Tuesday and Friday at 10:30 a.m. Learn how to use the fitness equipment and move for life. Sign up in advance by calling 604-541-2199.
• Get a great start to your day at Drop-In Body Works 50+.
Drop in Monday and Wednesday, 8:30-9:30 a.m., to the Kent Street Activity Centre for this moderately paced class that will help strengthen your muscles and improve flexibility using lightweights and resistance bands.
• As the weather warms up, it is nice to have a chance to cool down in an air-conditioned building where you can still be active.
Drop in for carpet bowling at the Kent Street Activity Centre and meet new friends as you participate in a fun activity.
Enjoy this exciting game of skill and strategy every Wednesday and Friday, 10 a.m. to noon.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information, or to pick up a guest pass that lets you try out carpet bowling three times before purchasing membership. This friendly group does not take a break in the summer so you can enjoy it year-round.
• Do you have a hard time falling asleep?
Do you wake up several times at night and feel exhausted when you wake up in the morning? Lack of sleep affects our performance during the day and affects our overall health.
Learn about the positive effects of the Bach Flower Remedies on your sleep. Look forward to improved sleep and better health and well-being.
Call 604-541-2199 to register for this workshop on Wednesday, May 22, 1:30-3 p.m. at the Centre for Active Living.
• Do you have some time to spare and enjoy helping others? Are you someone who likes to get involved in their community?
The City of White Rock is offering some fabulous opportunities to get involved in Canada Day, Tour de White Rock and White Rock Sea Festival. Call 604-541-2199 for more information or visit www.whiterockcity.ca
• Sweet Water is the featured Wednesday night dance band this week, so be sure to come to the Kent Street Activity Centre from 7-10 p.m. for social dancing with friends.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.