The Kent Street Activity Centre Computer Club is back meeting at the Centre every Wednesday, 12:30-2:30 p.m in the auditorium. Each week features a guest or member speaker who will present on a variety of computer-related topics. Come check out the group three times free before purchasing a Kent Street Activity Centre membership. For more information call 604-541-2199.
• The Kent Street Coffee Shop is open and ready to serve you some delicious homemade cuisine from their varied menu. Sit down and enjoy a bowl of soup for only $3, or a sandwich for only $5. Prices can’t be beat! The coffee shop is open 9:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
• Gratitude circle and chair yoga is a new program starting up at the Kent Street Activity Centre on Thursday, April 14, 9:15-10:15 a.m.
Start your day with your head high and your heart open. Practise living with gratitude and embodying it with chair yoga; together they are powerful and transformative tools. Register now and join us for a morning meditation and chair yoga practice to set your intentions for the day. Call 604-541-2199 or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Now that travel is getting easier, you may be thinking about booking a trip. Does learning Spanish fit into your travel plans? If so, we have both beginner and advanced Spanish lessons offered at both the Kent Street Activity Centre and the White Rock Community Centre. Check out the online guide at whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199 for more information. Daytime and evening classes available.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre is excited to be welcoming back two very popular fitness classes. Body Works 50+ starts on April 4, 8:45 -9:45 a.m. This fun workout is designed to improve your muscular endurance, functional strength and flexibility. Fit Camp 55+ starts April 11 at 10 a.m. and builds stamina and endurance in this interval training program. Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at whiterockcity.ca/register
• Join the Peace Walk for Ukraine on April 2 between 10 a.m. and noon, starting at Memorial Park Plaza and walking along Marine Drive and the White Rock Promenade. There will be featured speakers, a celebration of Ukrainian culture, and traditional Ukrainian foods, as well as opportunities to donate to support humanitarian efforts in Ukraine. The Peace Walk for Ukraine is supported by the Rotary Club of White Rock, City of White Rock, White Rock BIA, Peninsula Arts and Culture Alliance, and Sources Community Resources Centre.
• Wednesday night dances have returned to the Kent Street Activity Centre. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. with dancing from 7– 9:30 p.m. April 8 the featured band is Gianni & Fernando and on April 13 the band is G7.
No refreshments are available at this time. Proof of vaccination is required and masks are optional.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities please call the Centre at 604-541-2231.