The best-kept secret at the Kent Street Activity Centre is no longer a secret.
The coffee shop has become the “go-to” place in the community for delicious homemade baking, soups and sandwiches, hot lunch specials and, of course, the wide variety of frozen meals for only $6.
These nutritious homemade meals are a perfect fix for those nights when you just don’t feel like cooking.
Come check us out Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Tickets are selling fast for the Kent Street Seniors Society first-ever Fall Fashion Show on Saturday (Oct. 5), 1:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Nygard Fashions in conjunction with our lovely Kent Street models will be presenting some beautiful clothing and designs that you are sure to love. Come do your Christmas shopping!
Call 604-5541-2199 to register. Cost is only $8.
• There is no better way to get some exercise than gliding along the ice to great music at the Silver Blades 50+ skate at Centennial Arena, every Wednesday and Friday, 11:15 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Skate and helmet rentals and skate sharpening are available.
Call the skating information line at 604-541-2171 for more public skating times.
• Sew and Share is a perfect class for adult sewers of any age and skill level. An ongoing class where you can work on a project of your choice and get help and advice with it as you go. From darts and hems to alterations and fitting issues, all will be covered in this class that begins Wednesday (Oct. 9), 9:30 a.m. to noon at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• If you enjoy cribbage, whist or canasta, drop down to Kent Street Activity Centre and join this friendly group of card players that meets every Thursday from 1-3:15 p.m. Call 604-541-2231 for more information. Remember that you can try out the Centre’s many activity groups three times before purchasing a White Rock Recreation and Culture membership.
We look forward to seeing you at the Centre very soon.
• Join us for two cooking workshops at A Rocha Heritage Farm and harvest fresh ingredients for your meals.
Learn how to use seasonal produce, make healthy substitutions and try out new cooking techniques. Oct. 9 will be a class on unique sauces, dressings and dips, and Oct. 23 will be all about fermentation. Call 604-541-2199 to register. Only a few spots are left.
• Join travel expert Rhonda Dillon for Travel Light ll on Friday, Oct. 11, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. This class will expand on all the principles learned in the original Travel Light class. Make sure to bring all your travel-wardrobe questions. Call 604-541-22199 to register.
• Spend Wednesday nights dancing at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Tickets at the door are $6 for members and $8 for non-members.
Singles 50+ welcome; doors open at 6:30 p.m., with social dancing from 7-10 p.m. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.