The White Rock Recreation and Culture Fall Recreation Guide is now online, at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
Watch for your recreation guide inside the Friday, Aug. 23 issue of the Peace Arch News, or pick up a copy at the recreation centre nearest to you. Remember that registration dates and times have changed to help make it more convenient to register for your favourite programs.
Online registration opens Sunday, Aug. 25, at 9 p.m. on WebREG. Phone/in-person opens Monday, Aug. 26 at 8:30 a.m. Non-member online registration opens Tuesday, Aug. 27 at 9 p.m. on WebREG. Phone/in-person opens Wednesday, Aug. 28 at 8:30 a.m.
• Register now for “For the Health of It” on Saturday, Sept. 21, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
This annual resource and information fair is for seniors interested in learning more about living longer and healthier lives. Activities include presentations by some amazing community health and wellness speakers, Active “Try It” classes, a resource fair, lunch, door prizes and more.
Call 604-541-8653 to register for this free event.
• There has been some interest from Kent Street Activity Centre members in setting up a Hand-and-Foot Canasta group. If you play this card game or are interested in learning it, please phone 604-541-2231 and we will add your name to the list of interested participants.
• Have you ever played table tennis? This sport is lively, fun and a great way to meet new people. Learn how to score points and keep the ball moving Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays at the Centre. Beginners and advanced players welcome. Equipment is available for loan. Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre Lunch Club will meet at the Washington Avenue Grill on Tuesday, Aug. 27 at 11:30 a.m. Call the Centre at 604-541-2231 for the name and contact information for this month’s host.
• Know Before you Go is an informative workshop for anyone who enjoys walking and hiking in the outdoors and in nature.
Not sure what to wear, what to bring, what to expect? Learn about safe hiking practices and great trails. Outdoor leader Patrick will present this free session on Friday, Aug. 30, 1:30 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. This program is geared for adults 50-plus. Limited spots are available so call 604-541-2231 to register in advance.
• There is a variety of drop-in fitness classes offered for the remainder of the summer. Try out Movement for Fitness, Body Works 55+ or Circuit Class this month. Try something new! www.whiterockcity/register for the Fitness Drop In Schedule, which includes times and rates.
• The last Concerts for the Pier performance of the summer will be at Totem Park parking lot in East Beach on Aug. 15, and will feature the Crash Test Dummies. Enjoy great live music from 7-10 p.m. Free admission. Visit concertsatthepier.com for more information.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.