Visit www.whiterockcity.ca/register to register for a summer program or to check out the White Rock Recreation and Culture Guide offering a wide variety of fun and engaging programs.
• Zumba Gold has returned outdoors to Centennial Park. This program runs every Wednesday or Friday, 9-10 a.m., until the end of the month. Register online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register or call 604-541-2199.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre’s coffee shop will continue to sell frozen meals every Monday until June 28. Be sure to check out the City of White Rock’s Facebook site the Friday before Monday sales to see the menu for that day. Not on social media? The menu will also be posted on the City’s website at www.whiterockcity/seniors
• The Semiahmoo Seniors Planning Table and the BC Association of Community Response Networks will be hosting a virtual Zoom event on Wednesday, June 16, 1-3 p.m. It’s Not Right – Keeping Our Community Safe will share information and an open dialogue on how we can keep our community safe. Friends, families and neighbours of older adults are invited to learn about the signs and risk factors of adult abuse and how we can keep each other safe. Register for this free event at 604-531-9400, ext. 219, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• White Rock Community Policing and the RCMP will be hosting a Seniors Driving workshop on Thursday, June 17, 10 a.m. till noon at the White Rock Community Centre. Gain the tools to assess your driving skills and habits and update your knowledge of vehicle safety features and road regulations. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Are you still not comfortable using Zoom to connect with families, friends or attend a workshop or event? Learn all the ins and outs of Zoom at a workshop on June 10, 1-2 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register or online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• Discover how our memory functions and how it changes as we age at a Zoom workshop on June 17, 1 -2:30 p.m. Learn tips for maintaining and improving your memory plus gain information on when it is necessary to seek professional help. Call 604-541-2199 to register for this free Zoom workshop presented by the Seniors Health and Wellness Institute.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only. Customer service is by phone, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m. 604-541-2199. For the latest COVID-19 City of White Rock updates, visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19