The Kent Street Activity Centre has a few seats still available for some very popular excursions. On Thursday, July 11, visit the Britannia Mine Museum – now a National Historic Site. Learn about the mining history of B.C. through film, exhibits and interactive displays, and even do some shopping at the unique gift shop.
Then, on Thursday, July 12, experience a foodie adventure to Olympic Village in Vancouver. Enjoy stops at the trendy Beaucoup Bakery, Urban Fare and Whole Foods. A great way to see Olympic Village and discover the latest food trends. Both these trips include lunch. Space is limited, so call 604-541-2199 to register soon.
• Some Kent Street activity groups continue through the summer months, including Cribbage & Bid Whist. Players meet every Thursday afternoon from 1-3 p.m. in the Kent Street Centre auditorium. This enthusiastic and friendly group always welcomes new members for an afternoon of fun. Remember, you can come and try out this activity group three times before becoming a paid member.
• The Kent Street kitchen will be open on Thursday, July 25 from 9-11 a.m. to sell frozen meals only. There will be no lunch service. Come early to purchase a nutritious frozen meal for only $6.
• Are you looking to get some great information on how to pack a co-ordinated wardrobe considering weather, activities and local customs, and pack it all in a carry-on suitcase? Then bring all your travel questions to this Travel workshop on Tuesday, June 25, 7-9 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Add some fun and entertainment to your July schedule and register now for High Tea with a twist of Magic. Come indulge in scrumptious high-tea goodies while you enjoy an amazing magic show by award-winning magicians Jordan and Care. Wednesday, July 24, 1:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to sign up now for this fun afternoon.
• Mark July 1 on your calendar and come celebrate Canada Day at West Beach in White Rock. Beginning at 10 a.m., enjoy live entertainment and free activities for the entire family, culminating with a fabulous fireworks show at 10:15 p.m. For more information on this exciting special event check out whiterockcity.ca/canadaday
• Only one more Wednesday-night dance until the Kent Street dance committee takes a break for the summer. Tonight (June 19), drop down for an evening of fun and social dancing to the great sounds of the Alpiners. Doors open at 6:30 p.m., with dancing from 7-10 p.m. Open to all ages 50-plus, singles and couples, and includes refreshments at the break.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.