Are you a new member of the Kent Street Activity Centre or thinking of becoming one? If so, you are invited to the ‘New Members Social’ on Monday, March 25, 2-3:30 p.m.
Find out about all the exciting activities and programs offered at the centre, meet the executive committee and enjoy complimentary refreshments. Call 604-541-2231 to register for this free event.
• Tickets are on sale now for Kent Street Seniors Society’s Spring bridge tournament on Friday, March 22.
Register with a partner and enjoy an afternoon of contract bridge. Advance tickets are available at Kent Street Activity Centre, White Rock Community Centre, and Centennial Park offices. No tickets at the door.
Call 604-541-2231 for more information.
• Bridge game anyone?
White Rock Recreation and Culture hosts numerous bridge groups at three Recreation Centres for all levels of play. For dates, times and locations, pick up a Winter Recreation Guide or call 604-541-2199.
• Who am I? Who are my ancestors? Genealogy can be fun and rewarding, but there is so much information on the internet that you may be asking yourself, ‘how and where do I begin a search for my family?’
Learn how to gather genealogical information that may impact your present and future life. Genealogy for Beginners starts on Wednesday, Feb. 20, from 7-8:30 a.m., at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register or go online to www.whiterockcity.ca/register
• There are still a few spaces left on the Feb. 23 excursion to the Pet Lovers Show at the Abbotsford Tradex.
What a treat this show will be for all animal lovers, with thousands of products and amazing show specials and interactive and informative seminars by veterinarians and top professionals. Don’t miss the rabbit, cat and dog agility shows, raptor show, dancing dogs and more. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are three of the most popular free social-media platforms. A three-session program will help you get comfortable understanding how to use them for your own interests and needs. Register now at 604-541-2199 for this program beginning on Tuesday, Feb. 19, 7-9 p.m. at the White Rock Community Centre.
• Linda Quigley’s art lectures have become very popular at the White Rock Community Centre.
On Thursday, Feb. 21, from 1:30-3 p.m., learn about the highs and lows of Rembrandt’s career, plus how his personal life played a major role in his work. Call 604-541-2199 to book your seat for this intriguing presentation.
• The Kent Street dance committee welcomes you to their Wednesday night dance. Each night a different band is featured playing live music for social dancing.
Singles and couples aged 50-plus are welcome.
The doors open at 6:30 p.m. with dancing from 7-10 p.m. Refreshments served midway. This week’s featured band is Sweetwater.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.