Enjoy the sunshine, warm weather and fresh air and register now for a new session of outdoor fitness, yoga, Zumba and sports programs offered by White Rock Recreation and Culture.
This new session runs from the end of August through to the first week of October.
A variety of classes will be offered in outdoor spaces in the community including Zumba, Zumba Gold, Body Works 50+, Fit Camp 55+, Hatha Yoga, Yoga for Seniors, walking drills and more. Registration and drop-in are available for all of the classes. All of these outdoor programs will be following provincial health and safety guidelines to keep all participants safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Call 604-541-2199 to register or on line at www.whiterockcity.ca/register.
• Yoga lovers will be pleased to hear that the very popular Hatha yoga program continues through the summer on Thursday afternoons 5 – 6 p.m. in Maccaud Park (beside Kent Street Activity Centre).
Enjoy all the benefits of a regular yoga practice outside. Register today by calling 604-541-2199 or online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register.
• If you feel you are not ready to commit to a group fitness class, then check out White Rock Recreation and Culture’s online fitness videos that will keep you healthy and active from the comfort of your home. We are bringing you some or your favourite fitness and yoga classes online, including Balance Class 65+ with Cari Plotnikoff, Yoga with Melanie Henderson, Body Works 50+ with Val Slaunwhite and Zumba Gold Chair with Mary Lou Rust. Check out www.whiterockcity.ca/OnlineRecreation.
• Head down to the White Rock promenade and try out the variety of food and drinks from five food cart vendors along the waterfront. Picnic tables installed in Memorial Park and at East Beach give you a place to relax and take in the beautiful surroundings and enjoy a snack with family and friends.
• The Landmark Pop-Uptown Art Gallery is now open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 15140 North Bluff Rd. The gallery will feature “Out of Hand,” a pottery show and sale with art by the Fraser Valley Potters Guild and Semiahmoo Potters Society. Safety protocols are in place and the gallery has a limit of four guests at a time.
• The White Rock Library is now open and welcoming customers back inside with all COVID-19 health and safety requirements in place. For customers who prefer a more contact-free experience, an adapted FVRL Express – Click, Pick, Go service will continue to be available during open hours. Check out fvrl.bc.ca or call 604-541-2201.
• Please continue to check out a complete listing of community resources available to seniors on the City of White Rock Website https://www.whiterockcity.ca/834/Seniors
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. For information, call 604-541-2231.