The Kent Street Activity Centre Annual Plant and Bake Sale is this weekend. Doors open this Saturday, April 27 at 9 a.m. Choose from a great selection of perennials, annuals, grasses and herbs, plus delicious homemade baking from the Kent Street Coffee Shop will also be on sale.
• The Kent Street Choristers present ‘A Rainbow of Music’ on Friday, May 17, 7:30 p.m. The concert will be held at the White Rock Baptist Church. Tickets are only $15, and children 12 and under are free. Tickets are available from choir members or at the Kent Street Activity Centre.
• The Surrey Historical Society wants to record and preserve your stories at a memory social at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Join them on Sunday, April 28 from noon to 3 p.m. as they collect stories about Surrey and White Rock’s history. Cost is free and refreshments are provided. For more information visit www.surreyhistory.ca
• Walk With Your Doc is Friday, May 3 at 7:30 a.m. Come down to the White Rock Museum and enjoy a morning walk along the promenade. The first 100 people will receive a free T-shirt! Snacks and coffee will be provided and parking is free until 10 a.m.
• Tidying Up with Marie Kondo is a Netflix hit. Whether you are looking to eliminate the clutter in your apartment or gain control over the contents of your home, learn how to implement the KonMari method – an effective, creative and long-lasting approach to de-cluttering. Join Sheila Carroll on May 1, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Call 604-541-2199 to register.
• As you age, it is essential not to forget the health of your brain. This Healthy Brain workshop encourages participants to actively engage in protecting and maintaining their brain. Learn strategies and set goals for improving the health of your mind, body and spirit. Join Avalon Tournier from the Alzheimer’s Society of BC on Tuesday, May 7, 10 a.m. to noon at the Centre for Active Living. White Rock Recreation and Culture members are free. Call 604-541-2199 to sign up now.
• Drop in to the Kent Street Activity Centre on Wednesday evenings from 7-10 p.m. for dancing to live music. Buy your tickets at the door (open at 6:30 p.m.). This week, enjoy the great sounds of Swing City.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to anyone 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities, call 604-541-2231.