Kent Street Activity Centre will be closed for general maintenance and cleanup from Monday, July 8, until Sunday, July 14, inclusive. We look forward to seeing everyone back very soon as regular office hours resume Monday, July 15.
All activity groups meeting through the summer will start up again at the Centre the week of July 15. If you require any information on Kent Street Activity Centre while it is closed, contact the White Rock Community Centre at 604-541-2199.
• Don’t forget to sign up for High Tea with a Magical Twist on Wednesday, July 24, 1:30 p.m. at the Kent Street Activity Centre. Enjoy delicious goodies prepared by the Kent Street kitchen as you are entertained by award-winning magicians Jordan and Care. Call 604-541-2199 to sign up now for this fun and entertaining afternoon.
• The White Rock Sea Festival is still looking for volunteers for Saturday, Aug. 3 and Sunday, Aug. 4. Get involved in your community, meet new friends, help others, build leadership skills and have fun! Learn how to get involved at www.whiterockcity.ca
• Throughout the summer, Cribbage & Bid Whist players will continue to meet every Thursday afternoon from 1-3 p.m. in the air-conditioned Kent Street Centre auditorium. This enthusiastic and friendly group always welcomes new members for an afternoon of fun. You can come and try out this activity group three times before becoming a paid member.
• The Kent Street Coffee Shop is now closed for the summer and will reopen on Tuesday, Sept. 3. However, there is some exciting news for everyone who has been enjoying frozen meals that our amazing kitchen staff and volunteers have been making: on Thursday, July 25, the Coffee Shop will be open from 9-11 a.m. to sell a variety of frozen meals. Here is your chance to stock your freezers for the next couple of months. Come early for the best selection.
• Table Tennis is one of the most active groups at the Kent Street Activity Centre. New members are always welcome to drop in and play a game or two. Summer opportunities to play are abundant and include Mondays, 5-8 p.m., Wednesdays, 12:30-4 p.m, and Saturdays, 9:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 604-541-2231 and pick up a new-member pass to try out this activity group three times before paying for membership.
The Kent Street Activity Centre, located at 1475 Kent St., is open to people 55 years of age or better. Call 604-541-2231.