It is not too late to register for one of the many amazing programs or excursions that the Kent Street Activity Centre has to offer.
Check out the fall recreation guide online at whiterockcity.ca/register or pick up a copy at one of the White Rock Recreation Centres. Call 604-541-2199 for more information.
• The first fall dance of the season is Wednesday, Sept. 6 at the Kent Street Centre auditorium; 7-9:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the door (opens at 6:30 p.m.). Sweet Water will be on stage to keep your toes tapping to some great tunes. Tickets are $7 for members and $9 for non-members.
• The Kent Street Coffee shop is opening up on Monday, Sept. 11 for lunch service from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Frozen meal sales will resume on Sept. 18, Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. The coffee shop is currently looking for volunteers who have a passion for cooking to help in the kitchen. Some experience in batch cooking or catering would be an asset.
If you have some time on your hands, love to cook, like meeting new people and helping others, this is definitely the opportunity for you. Call 604-541-2231 for more information or drop into the Kent Street Activity Centre and fill out a volunteer application form.
• Many of the Kent Street Activity Groups will be returning from the summer break next week, including the Stitch and Chat group who is always welcoming new members.
Bring along a sewing or knitting project you are working on and drop in and check out this friendly group on Friday, Sept. 8 at 1 p.m. Remember you can try out any activity group at the centre three times before becoming a paid member.
A 2023 Kent Street Activity Centre membership is only $20.50 for the remainder of the year. Call 604-541-2199 for more information or to purchase a three-month membership.
• The first Fresh and Lively Luncheon of the fall is on Friday, Sept. 8, 12:30-2:30p.m. Such a fun way to spend a Friday afternoon meeting new friends, enjoying a delicious lunch and fabulous entertainment. Pre-registration is required. Call Brella Community Services Society at 604-541-9400, ext. 210. Cost is $10.
• On Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 12:30 p.m. you are invited to drop down to Maccaud Park beside Kent Street Activity Centre for an opening celebration of Poetry in Motion. Put on your walking shoes and join us for a walk through Maccaud Park, Dr. Allan Hogg Rotary Park and the historic Five Corners enjoying poetry along the way. Discover nine signs with a unique poem that represents the diverse cultures within the White Rock community.
This exciting project was funded by the BC Healthy Community Grant and supported by Fraser Health and the City of White Rock.
• The Kent Street Activity Centre will be closed on Monday, Sept. 4 for Labour Day. Regular business hours will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. New members are welcome. For more information on activities, programs and volunteer opportunities please call the Centre at 604-541-2231.