The Kent Street Activity Centre is pleased to announce that frozen meal sales are back.
The Kent Street kitchen will be selling frozen meals every Monday, from 9 a.m.-noon.
A variety of healthy, nutritious meals, soups, homemade jams and sweets will be available all at a reasonable price. All COVID-19 health protocols will be in place so everyone can purchase their meals in a safe environment.
Only cash will be accepted. Please bring a bag and wear a mask.
• Reserved cardio gym times are now available, with a maximum of five people working out at one time.
The Centre for Active Living has evening one-hour time slots, and one-hour blocks are available at the White Rock Community Centre.
Book online at www.whiterockcity.ca/register or over the phone at 604-541-2199.
• If you are looking to sign up for our reserved drop-in cardio gym sessions you may want to consider purchasing an active pass. Save money on each visit by purchasing a 10- or 20-session pass. Purchase online or call 604-541-2199.
• The traditional Remembrance Day ceremony that takes place at the cenotaph at White Rock’s city hall is going virtual this year due to COVID-19. The city, together with Royal Canadian Legion Branch 8, will record a ceremony complete with the traditional songs, readings and two minutes of silence.
The ceremony will be shown on the city’s Facebook page at facebook.com/whiterockcity starting at 10:45 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 11.
The event is also available on the legion’s Facebook page.
• Show your support for veterans and those in active service by putting poppies in your front windows in the days leading up to Remembrance Day. Post pictures of your poppies on Twitter and Instagram by tagging #WhiteRockRemembers.
• Don’t forget you can still work out from the comfort and safety of your own home.
Led by our certified instructors, White Rock Recreation and Culture has four new fitness videos, detailing routines that require minimal equipment and are 30 minutes long – including stretch and strength, standing stability 60+, chair yoga and zumba gold.
Visit www.whiterockcity.ca/onlinerecreation for more information.
• Bold and Beautiful is the November art show at the Landmark Pop-Uptown Gallery (15140 North Bluff Rd.).
Three local artists will showcase original art including paintings, cards, cushion covers, tote bags and scarves.
What a perfect way to support local businesses and get your holiday shopping done early. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Friday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday 1-5 p.m.
• For a complete listing of community resources available to seniors on the City of White Rock’s website, please check out www.whiterockcity.ca/seniors
The Kent Street Activity Centre located at 1475 Kent St. is open to persons 55 years of age or better. The Centre is currently open to participants in registered programs only.
Customer service is by phone, 604-541-2199. For the latest COVID-19 updates, visit www.whiterockcity.ca/COVID19